What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

NewdestinyX

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
this seems quite interesting, maybe you'll get more replies tomorrow morning :)

Just checked and mine was 5.4mmol at 9.30am

Mine usually varies from 5.0-7.5mmol, i like to be around 5-6mmol where possible so i was happy with that this morning :)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Grant - welcome to the forum :) What a good idea for a thread. When I read this I had already had my first morning cup of coffee about 10-15 mins before but tested anyway and got 6.4. Last true fasting test was 5.9 so the coffee didn't make much difference (and no sugar anyway!). I usually get fasting tests in the 5s which is where I like them. Perhaps checking in here with my levels will help me remember to do the early morning test :)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
5.5 - it's normally 5.5 - 6.1 since I cut down the carbs 3 years ago. Then it was averaging 6.8.

I'm amazed - last night our choir held a fund raising quiz night with fish/chip supper so I expected to be high. I went to bed with a reading of 8.8.

Wendywu

Dislikes
Track running. Drunks. Bigots and intolerance in any form. Bullying.
Mine was 5.3 which I'm happy with. I've had two cups of coffee but I drink it black and non-sweetened so I don't think it affects my bg much.

Brekkie will be cheesy scrambled egg on 1 small slice of toast, and more coffee.

Then dash off to retinal scan clinic, which thankfully they hold at my GP surgery just down the road.

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Bg 5.7 @ 7:30

I have more interest first thing with shoving a catheter in and amount that fills bag 500ml this morning A new record for me 1st bag of the day :wink:

Anyone else on stab and bag :roll:

Bob

Funky Mum

daisy1 said:
Funky Mum said:
rglennon said:
6.8 for me but I forgot to do it when I got up and did it after a shower.

Does that make a difference? Mine was 8 this morning :eek:

Yes, you should test immediately on getting up. Taking a shower or any other activity will make your BG go up. :)

Ahh ok! That makes me feel better!