Flying

Sunnygirl1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Im going on a four hour flight soon i have recently started on metaform. Its giving me dreadful smelly wind and trapped wind pains although it maybe is not quite as bad now. But i was thinking the day i go not to take any metformin as i am worried if i get these side effects on the flight.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Don't know if you can get it in time, but there is a type of Metformin called Metformin SR. The SR bit stands for slow release and many T2's find this beneficial in reducing upset stomach symptoms, you could ask your doc if you can try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

paul a carr

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
my current job .sports .
Im going on a four hour flight soon i have recently started on metaform. Its giving me dreadful smelly wind and trapped wind pains although it maybe is not quite as bad now. But i was thinking the day i go not to take any metformin as i am worried if i get these side effects on the flight.
Let your wind go free

Sunnygirl1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Its to late to get another prescription as i go tomorrow. But i will see if i still get all this wind ect when i get back and see if i can change. As the trapped wind is the worse as painful. Im thinking i wont take any tomorrow and start again on Friday.