Help

NZ_Catlady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi I have just had my meds hanged from Metformin as got bad belly aches to Glucophage SR and boy do I feel ill I have got leg and arm weakness and hot flushes is this normal as I waited for GP to ring me but never did ,
What should I do stop taking or wait till I see doctor Monday I just feel so ill.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi I have just had my meds hanged from Metformin as got bad belly aches to Glucophage SR and boy do I feel ill I have got leg and arm weakness and hot flushes is this normal as I waited for GP to ring me but never did ,
What should I do stop taking or wait till I see doctor Monday I just feel so ill.
Glucophage is a trade name for Metformin, so out of the frying pan into the fire in many respectx. The SR signifies that the new med is slow release, which some on this site have found to help with the tummy upsets experienced with the standard Metformin. But some do not seem to tolerate either.

I presume you have read the side effects section of the leaflet in the med pack, and have read the wrnings about lactic acidodis, which is a severe reaction to this particular medication. In case you do not have this info, then I copy a link here:
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.26350.latest.pdf

The symptoms you describe do not appear to be listed, so is it possible that something else has changed, These symptoms may be a side effect of taking statins.