Non invasive glucose device -sugarbeat

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Does this use bluetooth instead of NFC, meaning Apple iPhone/watch would work with it?
It's not 100% clear how it works. The detail describes a daily disposable skin patch and an adhesive sensor patch. I assume that the skin patch is the reservoir that absorbs the glucose and needs to be changed daily. The skin patch contains the electronics and BLE (power efficient bluetooth) and this is disposed of either daily or every x days. I suspect there is no recharging going on.

Their description says it works with a phone app (bluetooth enable) and that the app works on iOs and Android, or the SugarBEAT reader.

There's not a lot of information at the moment on the mechanics of operation.

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have not worn a watch for years but it looks like this is the one but at what cost?

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If the patches are near enough 1/14th of the cost of a libre sensor then I like the fact you don't waste £25 if you knock it off on day 7 (or worse, day 2 as I did once!)

Will be watching with interest...

Reactions: 2 people

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The technology sounds like an update of the Glucowatch from around 20 years ago?
More competition has to be very welcome.

P17BULL

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Does this use bluetooth instead of NFC, meaning Apple iPhone/watch would work with it?
Apple watch is represented on their website, so it's definitively Bluetooth and Apple compatible.