Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Alan_in_Suffolk_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone :happy:
BG 8.9 @ 5.30 this morning " hmm, well better than yesterday " :):cool::)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 20 people

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
7.8 Millimoles Per Litre after taking my 1000 millogrammes of Metformin Hydrochloride. I believe the catalyst for this concerningly high fasting blood glucose reading was because of the ready meal I consumed yesterday of minced beef hotpot from Iceland Budget Supermarket which could contain a lot of complex carbohydrates, sugar and salt as well as the 3 soft boiled eggs and 1 can of baked beans round a friend's house. I believe, that due to my psychotic depression, ASD and ADHD that I am a very inactive person who can be a bit lazy because of complex psychological imbalances within my brain's biochemical functioning. I am really going to try to buy and cook fresh food and increase my dietary intake of vegetables, less carbs and lean meat and fish which is high in Omega 3 and has antioxidants that prevent cancer, heart disease and strokes. I have also enquired about a nicotine replacement therapy preloading programme with my local smoking cessation service which should make me more healthy if I can eradicate cigarettes/tobacco from my life to help me best manage my glycaemia.

Reactions: 16 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay! Back to 5.3 this morning. Handstands - well, in my mind;). Have a good day all! :happy:

Reactions: 13 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.4 this morning. First test was 6.7, which is unusually high for me, so I washed my hands and retested.

Reactions: 14 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Good morning from a not so sunny Spain.
5.6 fasting.
Have a good day.

Reactions: 21 people