Weird Libre graphs

paulpapa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi

My sensor has been giving me error messages the last few days. Telling me to scan again in 10 minutes. I just synced the data and all the graphs are dots and not connected and there are times where the sensor didn't record any data.

Should I send it back to Abbott? It's never happened before.

Thanks

P

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

My sensor has been giving me error messages the last few days. Telling me to scan again in 10 minutes. I just synced the data and all the graphs are dots and not connected and there are times where the sensor didn't record any data.

Should I send it back to Abbott? It's never happened before.

Thanks

P

My suggestion would be to keep the sensor on, but to call Abbott, who will doubtless walk you through their troubleshooting routine, but it does sound like your sensor is functioning erratically. Hopefully Abbott can clarify matters for you and replace the sensor if necessary.

paulpapa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
20 minutes later and they're sending me a replacement sensor... Turns out the last sensor had the same problem too, but they won't replace it as I binned it three weeks ago. Argh. I'll see how I go with the next one.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
20 minutes later and they're sending me a replacement sensor... Turns out the last sensor had the same problem too, but they won't replace it as I binned it three weeks ago. Argh. I'll see how I go with the next one.

I would suggest if you have anything that seems awry, don't ever take it off before calling them, and little point calling them after a sensor has expired as you will already have "enjoyed" it's full life span.

I have found them to be reasonable, by-and-large, but I always prepare before I make the call, so that I can give focused feedback on the issue, with examples of how it manifests itself - whether by rogue readings, gaps in the graphs or whatever.

I'm pleased at least this one is being replaced for you. They are expensive things if they go wrong.

Reactions: 2 people

kev1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've also had a couple of experiences like that but on both sensors it happened with on trying again after ten minutes it was working fine.
I have had 3 sensors that failed to get past the 60 minute start up time. I had the same error message numbers. Contacted Abbott and went thro a series of question/answer diagnosis sessions and new sensors were sent out, along with biohazard bags to send the faulty sensors back. Abbott have been very helpful so far. But when it was 3 sensors that failed in succession I did begin to wonder if it was me!

Britishbob

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi I've applied quite a few sensors with no issues. However have seen someone not put it on right as they kind of placed and pulled off at the same time.
Found it useful watching the videos on the Libre website and holding the application unit on my arm a while before peeling off from the sensor