Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@pinklady69 your fasting reading of 6.5 for your first fasting reading is within target for type 2. Do post on the Type 2 Life thread and then we can give you more help and guidance.

Reactions: 14 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
6.3 at 6.40am....is this normal? Im new and this is my first morning reading....yesterday 2 hours after meals it was 5.8
A higher reading first thing in the morning is likely to be due to the 'Dawn Phenomenon' where your liver dumps stored glucose into your blood when you wake to get you going. It is quite normal, even for non-diabetics.

I seem to have had the liver dump this morning. When I tested at 0640 my reading was 6.9. After a mug of coffee with cream at 0700, my reading at 0900 was 5.4.

Reactions: 9 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
8/4/15 - Morning.

8.7 -:banghead:

Reactions: 10 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
5.6 for me this morning ☺
Got my hba1c results this afternoon from 4/4/2016
My hba1c down from 21/12/2015 at diagnosis 53 to 43
Cholesterol down from 6.1 to 4.4
Still a work in progress, but a happy bunny today ☺
Thanks to everyone here for your fantastic support and advice ☺
Hi Sunderlandlass Just wanted to say well done with your results you must be so happy. :happy:

Reactions: 6 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Thanks @Hiitsme ☺ must admit at being amazed at how well the lchf works, and at myself for managing to achieve this in such a short time! Fingers crossed that I can sustain the same progress by my next blood tests! I do find it hard to keep my carbs so low sometimes, and I can always see in my bg, when I have made a mistake or been over my limit. I had wondered if an extra dose of metformin in the morning, instead of just at night, might help? Any ideas?
Hi again How many metformin do you take ? I take 2 daily :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Some posts have to be moved to start another thread because they are asking questions. If they get answered within this thread then they are only getting answers from a small audience whereas if their post goes onto the forum then they will get more answers as other posters will join in. People ask all manner of things here including diet questions, other health problem questions and they may get a few answers here or they may be ignored as often happens.
You have to be sensible and only post about your fasting levels rather than say that your cat is not well. your BF is in a bad mood, the dog ate your slippers, you are going on holiday, etc......It is not relevant to the topic and nor are recipe queries, blood test results.
Bump

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 this morning. Hope everyone's ok. Had very high bgs for few days, and some othere nasty side effects, saw doctor it seems I had bad reaction to steroids for my plurisey, also Had trouble connecting this week kept being cut off and having to re join, hopefully it's ok now so good day to you all

Reactions: 8 people

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
What about keeping on topic do people not understand?