It's the weekend

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Buying some clothes for my client ( I'm a home help) visiting my dad in the care home, so a quiet one. Last weekend, down by a meadow feeding ducks, geese and swans and then on a steam train :joyful: ( wish it was last weekend, this weekend lol)

Reactions: 2 people

samantha13

Ah have a wonderful weekend ahead. I've been singed off work with 'work related stress' ad haven't been too well lately so my lovely husband has booked us into a hotel and I'm being treated to a back message ☺ looking forward to some much needed r and r xx

Reactions: 5 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dog walks!
Cooked breakfasts
Skyrim
Cooking
Gardening
Eating
Dehydrating kale crisps on an industrial scale
Lie ins!

Not necessarily in that order. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Car tyres changed sat am
Football sat pm
Slob sat night

Gardening sun (weather permitting) and (or) slob

Reactions: 4 people

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Gym sewing hanging out with a friend and me fella is back from the army so productive. However my boyfriend is wonder who gym is that I spend so much time with lol

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing planned for today. I have enough food in fridge so no need to go shopping. I would normally go out for a walk, but I have got some pain in heel for last couple of days. I am giving it a rest for a few days as I am concerned I might be getting plantar fasciitis again. :(
Nothing planned for tomorrow either, except Midday Mass.
Will just take it easy, and catch up on recorded tv programs. But I might get cabin fever and feel the need to get out.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing planned for today. I have enough food in fridge so no need to go shopping. I would normally go out for a walk, but I have got some pain in heel for last couple of days. I am giving it a rest for a few days as I am concerned I might be getting plantar fasciitis again. :(
Nothing planned for tomorrow either, except Midday Mass.
Will just take it easy, and catch up on recorded tv programs. But I might get cabin fever and feel the need to get out.
Have you tried any exercises for the plantar fasciitis?

I found insoles worked, but was in constant walking pain if I didn't use them for, um, 5 yrs or so. Then I saw a couple of Pilates exercises that were supposed to help. Deep scepticism. But they worked like a charm. Pain free by day 2 - that was about 3 yrs ago.

Let me know if you want details. :)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Brunneria I have ordered some sorbothane insoles online and they should arrive today. It was my fault for walking too much. I had intended to stick to 10-15,000 steps a day. But I got a Garmin Vivofit 2 monitor a couple of weeks ago and you can compete with others to walk the most steps in a week. I was First last week with over 120,000 steps, about 50,000 more than the next person. I am still first so far this week with over 50,000 steps, though I haven't walked much in the last couple of days.
I shouldn't be so competitive!
I'll just rest my foot for a couple of days and see how it feels (it seems to be ok today). I will google those Pilates exercises and try them.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria I have ordered some sorbothane insoles online and they should arrive today. It was my fault for walking too much. I had intended to stick to 10-15,000 steps a day. But I got a Garmin Vivofit 2 monitor a couple of weeks ago and you can compete with others to walk the most steps in a week. I was First last week with over 120,000 steps, about 50,000 more than the next person. I am still first so far this week with over 50,000 steps, though I haven't walked much in the last couple of days.
I shouldn't be so competitive!
I'll just rest my foot for a couple of days and see how it feels (it seems to be ok today). I will google those Pilates exercises and try them.
:) You tube is prob your best bet.

Hope they help.

PF is a miserable grinding pain in the butt, isn't it? :(

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Saturday almost over and Sunday well walk the dogs cook the dinner and clean and have a relaxing day I hope ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I coloured my hair and had my hair trimmed, so that's it out of the way for about 6 weeks :)