Type 2 Postprandial bg level

jaym

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just a quick question postprandial blood glucose test of 4.2 is this normal or too low! Currently doing a low carb diet!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Like the new avatar.... , will the real slim jaym please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

I'd say your low carbing is going exceptionally well, what did you eat (out of interest?)

Last edited by a moderator:

jaym

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For dinner had salmon with asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage! Thanks feeling really good at the moment :)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Would you say 4.2 is ok?

Yes, it's technically above the hypo level (4.0) and as long as you feel ok and are comfortable with blood glucose that low then it's all good.

jaym

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes, it's technically above the hypo level (4.0) and as long as you feel ok and are comfortable with blood glucose that low then it's all good.
Thanks for the reply may start to add a bit more carbs into my diet and see how I go! But I feel great :)

Reactions: 2 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No medication just diet controlled type 2 diabetes
In that case well done.. in 6 months of LCHF I have never been below 4.4 so you are definitely doing something right.
Well done.. if you feel ok then carry on.

finsit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would you say 4.2 is ok?
Hi there, new to this forum. Just wondering how have been your BGs acting since then, are you still in 4s and managing it well with diet? There is something you may need to test, which is the 3 hour reading. In some diabetics sometimes peak is delayed.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
:)@zamalik ... You must read when these posts were made ... they're ancient. You'll get no response from the person addressed

finsit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:)@zamalik ... You must read when these posts were made ... they're ancient. You'll get no response from the person addressed
Well my area of interest is postprandial peaks and BG numbers and i don't find through search except these old posts. Not sure what to do. Thank you for your intervention :)