Smart meters

lordeben

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I loved my meter One Touch Ultra smart because I could enter the doses of insulin into the device.
But they stopped producing the strips.
Does anybody have any recommendation for a good meter, not too big, that works on batteries (not with a charger), that records the doses of insulin ? Thanks

JJO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My consultant gave me the FreeStyle Optimum Neo because it measured ketones as well as BS. It also has the option to be able to enter insulin though I believe this isn't enabled by default (mine wasn't) and needed to be plugged into a windows computer to enable the insulin settings.

I also used google to find the access code to go into the 'health care' mode which basically allowed me to change the default entry (when you press the insulin buttons) to match what had been prescribed. There are some more complex settings to do with correction doses but I ignored them.

** Edited to add... Also uses batteries**

ailsa12

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I loved my meter One Touch Ultra smart because I could enter the doses of insulin into the device.
But they stopped producing the strips.
Does anybody have any recommendation for a good meter, not too big, that works on batteries (not with a charger), that records the doses of insulin ? Thanks
Avvia accu-check expert meter! dose all that you need and works on batteries

becky.ford93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the accu-chek expert too and love it :) I like that I can easily check my averages for up to 90 days, and see various other charts and graphs on it as well

TeamBeal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We use the accu-check expert and accu-check have a free app called Glucci-check for carb counting out and about, it's amazing. Definitely ask about one and when you get it, ask your rep for a pc cable and the infra red port and disc so you can upload your results to your pc to view all the data and graphs and then you can email to your nursing team for advice / about changes. Also, if you email accu-check themselves they'll send you a case and a gel skin so your meter doesn't get scratched / broken AND free batteries every 3 months. Amazing client service!! X

Greg&Rachel (parents to Carter T1 aged 8)

t1caitlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't like it when people judge a book by its cover - like my illness is hidden so don't judge so quickly.
I have the accu check expert which is great for displaying insulin doses and carbohydrates . It also has reminders and alarms if needed , as well as health options . :)