have anyone tried freestyle libre?

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am asking if anyone have freestyle libre because i researched it and found that its easier, quicker, etc...
but I still don't know if its accurate or not, or if its good like what they say. so can anyone advice?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

There are many threads about the Libre, so if you use the search box you ought to be able to find them. Accuracy is one of the main topics discussed.

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I asked my nurse about this and because on the pump she said it is not accurate enough for the pump as it is about 20 min behind

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's plenty accurate, but you have to understand that it isn't a replacement for finger prick testing. It's a very valuable tool that helps to identify trends in your blood sugar throughout the day, but it's not meant to be your one and only source of blood sugar level readings.

wsgfreggrA@12

I received my Freestyle Libre today. Not easily done because of the controls that Abbot puts in place to ensure you can only buy it in approved countries. You can only order it directly from Abbot online currently in the countries where it is approved. If you try visit freestylelibre . com from a non-approved country, their website reads your IP address and will not even show you the ordering or product pages.

I was transiting through the UK on a business trip to Asia three weeks ago and ordered one to be sent to my office in London. I'm back in the UK this week and picked it up, and just inserted the first sensor now. I wear a Dexcom G4 24/7 and look forward to comparing and contrasting the two over the next couple weeks and will update you all on my observations.

My initial impression is positive. The reader is only slightly larger than my Freestyle Freedom Lite meter. It is rechargeable and uses a standard micro usb port to charge. The sensor is the size of a large coin and is easily applied with the included applicator. The instructions say it should be good for 14 days on the back of my arm. I'm curious to see if it will stick that long and will let you know. Like the Dexcom, once inserted, it takes time to become active and provide data. The Libre takes 60 mins, the Dexcom about 120 mins. I inserted my sensor about 30 minutes ago and still have to wait to get readings.

I'm keen to compare the accuracy of the Libre to the Dexcom. It's late here and I'm headed off to bed. It should be fully functional tomorrow morning. The UK version only displays readings in mmol/L, so I'll have to learn the conversions. smile I'm looking forward to updating you all further as I start getting readings in the next two weeks.

hope i have offered some help
Rohith

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

jackjberry

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am asking if anyone have freestyle libre because i researched it and found that its easier, quicker, etc...
but I still don't know if its accurate or not, or if its good like what they say. so can anyone advice?
I am now on my third sensor, and I am so pleased with the results. This system has changed my life, I have lost weight. It is so easy to use and I check my blood sugars up to thirty times a day and as a result much mors stable. The only thing I don't like is the cost. This product will save the NHS millions in diabetic healthcare. This needs to be available on the NHS.

Reactions: 4 people

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
I have had a freestyle libre for about a year now. Love it to bits. Yes it is slightly behind on finger pricking but I find this doesn't affect me in my control.
Cost is an issue but I would go without food on the table to continue with this! It has made my life so much easier.
Go for it I say.

Reactions: 2 people

Inour

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's plenty accurate, but you have to understand that it isn't a replacement for finger prick testing. It's a very valuable tool that helps to identify trends in your blood sugar throughout the day, but it's not meant to be your one and only source of blood sugar level readings.
Thank you for telling me that, because I thought I will just use it , but what is the point of having both If I will have to prick my finger too ? I thought it will be quicker,...etc if I only used the libre

pshuttle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and it's complications
Thank you for telling me that, because I thought I will just use it , but what is the point of having both If I will have to prick my finger too ? I thought it will be quicker,...etc if I only used the libre

I have been using the Libre since release day, and in combination with LCHF the results have been incredible. I only use finger pricking to test for driving and that is it. Going without the Libre has now become a horrific thought!

Reactions: smag3
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am asking if anyone have freestyle libre because I researched it and found that it's easier, quicker, etc...
but I still don't know if it's accurate or not, or if its good like what they say. so can anyone advice?
Yes, I have. It has changed my life. I do have sensor breaks though due to costs.

redtree92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I am getting mine next month !! eeeekkk I'm so excited ! :D

Reactions: smag3

Julia99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just ordered mine
I'm fortunate my daughter in law works for Abbott so I can get them at a discounted rate. I will probably use it intermittently to see how things are going as I am type 2 - with last Hba1c of 39. I think it will be a good way of periodically making sure I am still on track

Reactions: Bluetit1802

JacquiMorrison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been purchasing it for over 5 months and it's an understatement to say it's changed my life. It's still not well controlled but so much better than it was and I feel more motivated

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am now on my third sensor, and I am so pleased with the results. This system has changed my life, I have lost weight. It is so easy to use and I check my blood sugars up to thirty times a day and as a result much mors stable. The only thing I don't like is the cost. This product will save the NHS millions in diabetic healthcare. This needs to be available on the NHS.
Instead of the ridiculous DESMONDS which is a complete waste of money!