Eeeeek so excited!

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brill! I'll just go with the flow! Either way we get to see baby! I will be almost 9 weeks when I get the scan so we'll see! According to the consultant it has to be done! just want to see that there is a baba in there! I would say I don't feel pregnant but I do! Feel so bloated! Had a big tea and i have a food baby going on at the moment!

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Haha that's what we was like... It's funny I'm 5 months pregnant and I still don't feel overly pregnant lol! We have our next scan on Thursday so get to see our boy again it's the best feeling !!!! Xxx

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
So I called the diabetic centre today to chase my referral as I still haven't heard from anyone nearly a week later and they said they hadn't put anything on the system and I was still on there as my maiden name!

She then said to call back at the end of the week to speak to the appointments team as that's when my referral is likely to be on the system so it's going to be nearly 2 weeks since I found out before I actually get to speak to anyone about having an appointment.

Is this acceptable or should I kick up a fuss? By the time I get seen I'll be almost 7 weeks (if there is a baby in there atall!!)

RPa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Ellie_Wilko.
I think that is unacceptable. I found out I was pregnant on Sunday I was just over 4 weeks then, I emailed my nurse that day, and I was seen on that Tuesday. Since then I've been seen every Tuesday and I'm now almost 8 weeks.

I would kick up a fuss. So you have just been managing things alone?

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@RPa I called back and said I wasn't happy so she got a diabetic nurse midwife to call me who was lovely and had booked me in to the antenatal clinic for Wednesday.

It just takes one helpful person to get the ball rolling! Bring on Wednesday :D

Reactions: 2 people

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Haha you do have to chase sometimes!! They saw me the next day after finding out I was 5 weeks pregnant! And well done on your hba1c - that's bloody fab!!!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Erin85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations @Ellie_Wilko ! On your pregnancy and your hba1c!

That's great news you managed to get an appointment on Wednesday, it's better to meet with someone and get the ball rolling rather than waiting for an appointment. They will be able to tell you what appointments and scans to expect :) In my area, we are also offered the 8 week viability scan (I had one at 7 weeks too due to a bleed, and had to be a vaginal scan for 7w and was an abdominal for the 8w). Vaginal is not nearly as bad as it sounds, it doesn't hurt or is uncomfortable like a smear, and you're covered for it anyway :)

I agree with @Finley02 - I loved seeing the difference in my bub between 7/8w (wee blob with a flickering heartbeat) and 12w (looks like an actual baby!). I will also get growth scans every fortnight from 28w, and am currently meeting with my diabetes pregnancy team every 2-3weeks. It might be different where you are, but just to give you an idea of the care I have received so far :)

All the best to you and bub, and enjoy this exciting time!!! x x

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brilliant hba1c @Ellie_Wilko! Well done u! And well done for persevering and making sure u got seen! how are you feeling x

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Brilliant hba1c @Ellie_Wilko! Well done u! And well done for persevering and making sure u got seen! how are you feeling x

Thanks @Sarahkylie88! I'm so pleased about my hba1c as its a great feeling to know that the little bean will have the best possible start!

I'm feeling absolutely fine - in fact if the tests wernt positive I wouldn't even know I was pregnant. I think more symptoms kick in week 6 tho don't they? I kind of hope I get some as a reassurance! What about you? How are you feeling? xx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello @Ellie_Wilko! I have just had my 8 week scan! It was an internal one as they couldn't get a clear enough picture through the stomach! It didn't bother me tho, it was absolutely fine! Was just lovely to see baby and his/her heartbeat!

I'm feeling quite nauseous at the moment! Especially at night, I'm finding that eating is a bit of a chore and I'm struggling to eat to keep my sugars up! Other than that I feel ok!

How are you feeling? Have u seen anyone yet? X

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello @Ellie_Wilko! I have just had my 8 week scan! It was an internal one as they couldn't get a clear enough picture through the stomach! It didn't bother me tho, it was absolutely fine! Was just lovely to see baby and his/her heartbeat!

I'm feeling quite nauseous at the moment! Especially at night, I'm finding that eating is a bit of a chore and I'm struggling to eat to keep my sugars up! Other than that I feel ok!

How are you feeling? Have u seen anyone yet? X

Oh glad everything is progressing as it should, I bet it was so lovely to see a tiny little baby in there after all!

I actually saw my team last week and had a scan myself but at only 5 and a half weeks they could only see the sack. All measurements tied into the dates we thought so all good in that respect!

I've got another scan in 2 weeks at 8 and a half week so hopefully it's all progressed as it should!! Very exciting :D

No symptoms what so ever here, I don't even feel pregnant in the slightest. I kind of want to feel something but imagine I would regret saying that if I suddenly got sick! xx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's good! So glad you have been seen! My only symptom was sore boobs! That's all I had... Till now! I just have felt nauseous all day for the past 2 days, when when it comes to meal times I'm instantly hungry, but once I've eaten I'm back to feeling sick! Lol! Didn't have this with my last pregnancy! Although I didn't know by this time last time I'm sure I would have noticed feeling this sick!! So yes don't pray for symptoms, they may creep up on u soon enough!! Haha how have your bloods been? X

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes that's the only symptom I have aswell so glad it's normal!

My bloods are apparently "typical early pregnancy" bloods! I'm high (around 10) for 2-3 hours after I eat and then suddenly drop and am low. I'm seeing the dietician tomorrow who's going to look at my injection sites and go over what I'm eating so hopefully will stop this happening asap xx

AJack123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found out this weekend I'm 3 weeks pregnant called DSN today and I have an appt on Thursday they should see you quite quickly congrats !! X

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I found out this weekend I'm 3 weeks pregnant called DSN today and I have an appt on Thursday they should see you quite quickly congrats !! X

Congratulations! Yeah I saw someone after I kicked off and have my 8 week scan next week - how exciting! xx