Stomach Pains

baby_angel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I've had pretty normal blood sugar readings for the past month or so and have got my Hb1 down to 7.7 so im feeling highs alot more than i used to when i was running above 10 all the time. Now a symptom i get of having high blood sugar (anything about 12) is a slight stomach ache. I'm just wondering if anybody else gets these syptoms when their blood sugar is a bit high?

Thanks.

hismom

hi,
my son doesnt get stomach pains but he was asked at diagnosise if he did and also every visit to the consultant.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
baby_angel said:
Hi,

I've had pretty normal blood sugar readings for the past month or so and have got my Hb1 down to 7.7 so im feeling highs alot more than i used to when i was running above 10 all the time. Now a symptom i get of having high blood sugar (anything about 12) is a slight stomach ache. I'm just wondering if anybody else gets these syptoms when their blood sugar is a bit high?

Thanks.

Both hyper and hypo levels in people can produce some very strange syptoms indeed, but I would get this checked out if it is causing you great concern, not all things are diabetes related.

Nigel

baby_angel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okie thanks very much for the replies. I'll definately bring it up at my next clinic :)

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all,hi was diagnosed 6 weeks ago with type 2 and my doctor put me on metformin 500mg daily then I was rushed into hospital with levels of 29.8 they put me on metformin 500mg slow release and gliclazide 40mg once Aday ....when discarded my practice nurse upped my gliclazide to 80mg with main meal then just a couple of days ago my local district nurse upped my gliclazide to 80mg morning and with main meal ,now since they upped it I've been suffering from stomach pains (is this normal) also I suffer bad with constipation cause I suffer from chronic pancreatitis and I take creon 40,000 with every meal.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

hornplayer

The only time I get stomach pains is when I fall off the wagon and eat bread or pasta. Its excruciating. - not going to be doing that again any time soon.

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well for breakfast I had 1 wheatabix with fruit lunch sausage sandwich main meal handful of chips,4chicken nuggets with vegetables

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had chronic stomach pains on and off for weeks. My GP will not change my medication until the 6 month HbAc1 blood test at the end of July. I keep a food diary and I cannot match up anything, it seems quite random. I was td that not eating enough carbs can cause these pains because the meds cannot work in synch. Can anybody help on this?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi when I was first diagnosed 6 weeks ago and rushed into hospital cause my levels in there high 20s and low 30s the doctors said I should be type 1 but my doctor said I'm type 2 so I'm on metformin 500mg slow release (1 Aday) and gliclazide 80mg morning and evening ...since they have increased it my levels have gone down to 12.0 but I have been getting these stomach cramps and well constipated so I ask my doctor for a GAD and c-peptide test which will tell you how damaged your pancrease is and how much natural insulin your pancrease is making

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sorry and I've been to juggle and seen my local district diabetes nurse and one says you can have carbs with every meal and the other says once Aday ? Who do you believe

ExD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I believe the gospel as preached on here - the fewer carbs you eat with your meals the better (? surley ?)
I'm coeliac and if I eat gluten (found in grains such as wheat) at all I get excruciating stomach ache and diahorrea, so apart from potatoes which I love, I find it quite easy to give up carbs. Having said that, flour is added to all sorts of unexpected foods, such as mustard, which means you may be eating more carbs than you realise.

6cats

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's the problem. Nobody seems to agree with anything. I think it's trial and error I just can't find a common link. I think you need carbs every mealtime. I think I am doing OK (just 13 weeks into this) then it all goes wrong again. I think it's a question of what suits each individual. X

Badboydavey1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yeah I agree with you,as I cannot have peers,peaches,grapes but I can have boiled potatoes (3) boiled with skin on with salad,banana and eggs in moderation as they give me severe constipation

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
That's the problem. Nobody seems to agree with anything. I think it's trial and error I just can't find a common link. I think you need carbs every mealtime. I think I am doing OK (just 13 weeks into this) then it all goes wrong again. I think it's a question of what suits each individual. X

I agree that each individual is a wonderfully, unique, bespoke example BUT...

... the evidence well beyond this wonderful community of diabetics is totally overwhelming..

... Strip out comments, opinions, advice from Big Parma, Big Food, naive government, individuals (even experts) with a financial vested interest and you still have at least 150 Gold Standard research studies presenting demonstrable evidence that an LCHF well formulated diet, is a healthy permanent life style choice as a serious option for diabetics:)!