After falling over wall it just got worse!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
After my episode of falling over the wall and onto concrete a few feet below things went from bad to worse...
Going from totally normal bowels that morning I was unable to pass anything and became chronically constipated. So yesterday I had to call 111 (only I wasn't thinking straight and phoned 112 - emergency services, oops!). So at 2pm a lovely Dr came out as he said he would be quicker than the district nurse examined me and gave me a suppository ( by then to hell with dignity! ). At 7pm now unable to pee either I called 111 again and a Dr would be right out. My luck he was called to a cardiac arrest, so arrived nearly 3 hrs later. Anyway after giving me a self administered enema success on both fronts at 10pm, some 135hrs after last movement. It seems that after an accident and shock fluid goes to where needed when there is blood loss (nose and haematoma on hip), so not to bowel where needed too. Unable to eat yesterday, so my morning reading of 7.6 today was pretty good I think. Back to normal now I hope. Well apart from still having a swollen nose, but feel human again!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
After my episode of falling over the wall and onto concrete a few feet below things went from bad to worse...
Going from totally normal bowels that morning I was unable to pass anything and became chronically constipated. So yesterday I had to call 111 (only I wasn't thinking straight and phoned 112 - emergency services, oops!). So at 2pm a lovely Dr came out as he said he would be quicker than the district nurse examined me and gave me a suppository ( by then to hell with dignity! ). At 7pm now unable to pee either I called 111 again and a Dr would be right out. My luck he was called to a cardiac arrest, so arrived nearly 3 hrs later. Anyway after giving me a self administered enema success on both fronts at 10pm, some 135hrs after last movement. It seems that after an accident and shock fluid goes to where needed when there is blood loss (nose and haematoma on hip), so not to bowel where needed too. Unable to eat yesterday, so my morning reading of 7.6 today was pretty good I think. Back to normal now I hope. Well apart from still having a swollen nose, but feel human again!

What a terrible set of issues... As you say "to hell" with your dignity:)

I do hope you get back into balance again quickly and heal up soon

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
wishing you well and a quiet life pretty soon.... take care
Hj

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
OH poor you Berylc, it must have been a frightening experience for you. Yes to hell with dignity at times like that. So glad you have it sorted now good luck.:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey. Never thought that would be a knock on effect of falling over a wall.
You have my deepest sympathy.
And keep the fluids up!!!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You poor darling. Sending some virtual flowers and a big ((hug)) your way. Hope you start to feel netter soon.

Reactions: 2 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Just spoken to Dr and signed off work for another week. Can walk ok slowly, but as soon as my hip touches something it's very sore. Was asked if I want 2 wks off but said one more at the moment.

Reactions: 2 people

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Little walk today with grandsons, managed but tired and aching after (hip bruise). Looked at where I fell and wondering how I managed to fall over the wall! BS levels all over the place today, but not worrying about them.
Having a rest now with my knitting. Think the Great British Sewing Bee is on tonight, so will be watching that.

Reactions: 6 people

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BS levels all over the place today, but not worrying about them.
Just a suggestion but perhaps maybe don't test for a day or two? I know when this happens it can make you stress even more, so if it is bothering you I would suggest not testing for a little bit. :rolleyes: