Carbs and Cals App

Dane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This app had a update in January 2014, which added alot more foods, and there were performance updates too. I honestly couldn't be without this app now, highly recommended. Those dubious about spending £3.99 on the app, do it; in my opinion it is one of the best investments a Diabetic person can make

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

shoxy86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dane, how is the app now after the update in January? I was thinking of downloading the same app, but I have read some bad reviews about it and I just didn't want to waste my money. I hope they sorted out the problems they had in previous versions. Thanks

emmarw

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to jump in here.....I love the app so useful and very informative.i use it every day and it works perfectly to track what I've eaten. It's also great for working out meals out too which I find quite difficult.the only disadvantage I can see is that you can't record bs results-that would make it perfect. Also I feel a bit anti social getting my phone out at meal times but it's worth it!

Dane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I totally agree with Emma, the app has totally changed the way I manage my diabetes. I don't make much use of the diary, but as I'm on a pump, I don't feel the need to. I've also downloaded the My Fitness Pal app which is free. It doesn't have any images, but it does have a massive food database, all of the brands you can think of. With the combination of both these apps I managed to get my HBA1C to 6.4 this week.

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Insulin
There is also Cook & Count Carbs app on iOS iTunes which is for carbs counting in home cooked food. It allows you to build your own recipes and save them in your own recipe book. Same price as Carbs and Cals, (at £3.99 is the price of a magazine but both give you a great resource that you can use again and again) but does different things. My fitness pal ok but may not be very accurate because the data can be crowdsourced.

Reactions: Naimeus

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love the app.. I started using the free one and then decided to download it and its been worth its weight in gold. Ill admit not everything is on but there is a very good variety of foods that can give you a good idea even if the exact food you want isn't on. I have the book too which is even better but it can be a pain carrying it round all the time so the app is great for when you get caught out without the book.

MclarenBabe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know how to input diabetes info such as carb/insulin ratios in the Carbs and Cals iPhone/iPad app please? I can do it in my Android phone but I downloaded the app to my iPad today because I wanted a bigger screen area and although I can find how to set weight etc, I can't find how to add my diabetic info.

Karen19056

I just downloaded the carbs and cals app. Is the rice and pasta dry weight or cooked weight? How many carbs am I meant to have each day?

Alternative Diabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes...want to find a cure !
Does anyone know how to input diabetes info such as carb/insulin ratios in the Carbs and Cals iPhone/iPad app please? I can do it in my Android phone but I downloaded the app to my iPad today because I wanted a bigger screen area and although I can find how to set weight etc, I can't find how to add my diabetic info.

Don’t think you can add diabetic info in this app