does anyone inject dulaglutide (trulicity)

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
I started taking trulicity 4 weeks ago along with my humulin. A side effect of trulicity is weight loss which I need! I am not really losing weight due to taking steroids (which made my diabets worse) as well as taking insulin. This is really frustrating as I am hardly eating anything and have little or no appetite. I make myself eat a little breakfast so that I can take my medications and inject insulin. I then don't eat until dinner and only manage a few mouthfuls. Do any of you have the same issues?

bubbles1981

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there I just started taking trulicity last Monday and my appetite has totally vanished, waking up from early hours feeling sick and lasts all day :( I'm similar I have Cushing's from long term steroid use although Cushing's is very rare to develop it seems I attracted everything going. Are you still having symptoms and how are you finding things :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am currently takes 2 x 1000 mg tablets of metabet each day. They really aren't agreeing with me, so my community team have recommended Trulicity. I would love to lose weight, my BMI 28 and I would love to get that down, but I am concerned about the side effects, other than weight loss. I currently suffer with my bowels on Metabet and probably haven't had a proper 'movement' for a few weeks. I am hoping the the injectable therapy will be easier on my bowels. I will watch your progress with interest as I am not due to see the team for another 4 weeks.:doctor:

BabyFoXi_666

Hi .. Have just been put on Dulagutide .. Trulicity .. Going to do the first One on Sunday .. Just wondering and worrying a little .. As to how things are going to go and wondered What side effects They are ??? ..

Juliajames60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi .. Have just been put on Dulagutide .. Trulicity .. Going to do the first One on Sunday .. Just wondering and worrying a little .. As to how things are going to go and wondered What side effects They are ??? ..
Hi, I've just taken my 3Rd dose and I'm not entirely happy with the side effects. I have tingling in my mouth and fingers, bloated stomach and some diarrhoea, very fatigued and also am worried about the black box risk of thyroid cancer. I'm going to seriously think this week before I take another dose as to if I am stopping it.

Juliajames60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I started taking trulicity 4 weeks ago along with my humulin. A side effect of trulicity is weight loss which I need! I am not really losing weight due to taking steroids (which made my diabets worse) as well as taking insulin. This is really frustrating as I am hardly eating anything and have little or no appetite. I make myself eat a little breakfast so that I can take my medications and inject insulin. I then don't eat until dinner and only manage a few mouthfuls. Do any of you have the same issues?
I've just started on trulicity, mild side effects but enough to make me unhappy. I have no appetite at all, bloated stomach and tingling mouth and fingers, how are you getting on with it now?

ladyskins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I took my first dose on Monday 11th July. I have been feeling nauseous, reduced appetite (not a bad thing). Digestive tract feels sore. Belching like a drain and feeling tired. I wonder how long these side effects will continue? Has anyone been on it for longer periods?

San27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, can i ask how you are all finding Trulicity now? Have you carried on with it and have the side effects improved with time?
I'm about to start next week.

Jonboy999

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I have been on duplicity since September 2016,all the side affects people are getting are all the same i had.
They will subsidize, here with it I have lost 3 stone, that is with exercise i.e. swimming, and of course you don't feel hungry.
Christmas was hard, but no sweets or chocolate since Sept.
Good luck all stay with it.

Laura_Jane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,
there doesn't seem to be any up dates from you guys? All seem to talk about just starting Trulicity and worrying about early side effects but what about a few progress reports? My first side effects ran the whole dam gauntlet - never been so sick! UGH! Understand completely why some never make it to the second dose, but some must have persevered and gone on to great success??

I did actually take part in the trials for Bydurion and because Trulicity is from the same group of medications the thing I want to know is what is Trulicity made from? Bydurion was created from an extract taken from a desert lizard - irreverently referred to as "lizard spit' - Is Trulicity similar?
I didn't fair well on Bydurion - like some of you the decrease in appetite was drastic and felt really alien - the injection sites stayed bruised and lumpy - quite unsightly - nor was I completely comfortable with the "lizard spit" Idea. However, having had that experience I do actually feel more prepared for this latest onslaught! I am totally cheesed off with being so preoccupied with health problems and am fighting like hell to get things sorted - I got a really bum deal from the family gene pool and am finding it increasingly difficult to cope with the degenerative nature and complicated side effects of the diabetes 'problem'. I think I know what I'm doing only to find things change - just like a roller coaster ride! Think I need support more than anything - that and good info'. Over to you guys - what do you think?

marionbaby

Type of diabetes
LADA
Lo people

My endo has just prescribed Trulicity ...... picking it up tomz Wish me luck ..... I will post back abt side effects in one week

Maz

marionbaby

Type of diabetes
LADA
Well been on Trulicity a week and a half ..... no side effects so far ..... complete lack of appetite and have lost six pounds !! Really pleased with bg numbers too ...... highly recommend

Dare to dream

Maz

Ali12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have only just started on the injection trulicity this week. Glad to hear your feedback that it does help with weight loss.

Reactions: Chatterbox
been on this now for 4 weeks, after reading side effects was a little worried but luckly only had sickness for the 1st few days and a loss of appetite but so far have not lost any weight. But sugar levels are way down just hope it continues

hill4332

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Been on trulicity for five weeks now ,moved up to the higher dose two weeks ago. Minor stomach irritation and occasionally loose bowels mainly just before next injection. Feel like I'm losing my appetite some days. Slight reduction in sugars .worse is the tiredness. Was on Victosa before and it's similar ,with that I found it worked on lower dose but wiped off on higher Ian also on insulin due to problems with metformin. Have done glicazide and pip glicazide in he past.