Clothes Shopping this weekend

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
Had a great shopping trip this weekend and the diet is paying off.

I just bought my first pair of 34" waist jeans in a decade.
My waist size had been gaining over the last 10 years to a 38" and my weight had gone up to 14st 6.

Feeling so much better now. I still have what I would call Dark days mood wise, not sure what causes these.
I was always so happy go lucky, but now I do have the occasional day where I just hate everything.
I sometimes wonder if it's something I eat.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Reactions: 6 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had a great shopping trip this weekend and the diet is paying off.

I just bought my first pair of 34" waist jeans in a decade.
Nice one, @Just Jeff ! It's a great feeling!

Sorry to hear about the dark days. I have these too. Sometimes I have to indulge myself in giving myself permission to feel like that once in a while - otherwise it'd do my head in! We're human too, not just diabetic, after all.

Have a great day, @Just Jeff , and look forward to the 32" ones on your next shopping trip! Sounds like you're doing great!

:)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Long before I was diagnosed I once bought a large jar of grapefruit juice concentrate. I thought it would be a nice juice to have with breakfast. I ended up in a murderous mood and hated everybody. Someone else suggested I give up the juice and I got better. I now readily believe that there are foods that can affect mood.

Have you been eating grapefruit?

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
Long before I was diagnosed I once bought a large jar of grapefruit juice concentrate. I thought it would be a nice juice to have with breakfast. I ended up in a murderous mood and hated everybody. Someone else suggested I give up the juice and I got better. I now readily believe that there are foods that can affect mood.

Have you been eating grapefruit?
Thanks for the advice, however I do tend to steer clear of citrus fruits. I know these can really affect my moods. Like I say I never experienced anything like it before.

My wife says it's my choice of music mixed with diabetes and possibly something I'm eating or something I've cut out, like a withdrawal.
Trouble is, I've always enjoyed alternative music or as my wife would call it music to slit your wrists to.

Sometimes I think it could be down to my sleep deprivation.
Since giving up both types of smoking. (If you know what I mean).
Oh and now drinking in complete moderation.
I only sleep for about 3 hrs up to 4 nights on the trot, then die for about 8 for following night, then less for the other two until I get back to 3 hrs for nights, and it goes round and round like that.
I walk on average 12k steps a day at an average pace, in the office we're on the 5 floor and have given up using lifts. Mentally I'm a systems accountant, working in the London and single handed look after the accounts software for one of the largest cash books in the city. I'm the one stop shop for the accountant's.
So physically and mentally I should be done in. Especially on a diet with portion control and fresh meats & veg. Without a pukka night time tea, I just can't switch off.
I've stopped drinking tea and coffee by 5pm to try and help

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
Nice one, @Just Jeff ! It's a great feeling!

Sorry to hear about the dark days. I have these too. Sometimes I have to indulge myself in giving myself permission to feel like that once in a while - otherwise it'd do my head in! We're human too, not just diabetic, after all.

Have a great day, @Just Jeff , and look forward to the 32" ones on your next shopping trip! Sounds like you're doing great!

I hope they become less frequent as I approach 32" waist :)
I haven't had a 32" waist since I was 25 nearly 20 years ago :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the advice, however I do tend to steer clear of citrus fruits. I know these can really affect my moods. Like I say I never experienced anything like it before.

My wife says it's my choice of music mixed with diabetes and possibly something I'm eating or something I've cut out, like a withdrawal.
Trouble is, I've always enjoyed alternative music or as my wife would call it music to slit your wrists to.

Sometimes I think it could be down to my sleep deprivation.
Since giving up both types of smoking. (If you know what I mean).
Oh and now drinking in complete moderation.
I only sleep for about 3 hrs up to 4 nights on the trot, then die for about 8 for following night, then less for the other two until I get back to 3 hrs for nights, and it goes round and round like that.
I walk on average 12k steps a day at an average pace, in the office we're on the 5 floor and have given up using lifts. Mentally I'm a systems accountant, working in the London and single handed look after the accounts software for one of the largest cash books in the city. I'm the one stop shop for the accountant's.
So physically and mentally I should be done in. Especially on a diet with portion control and fresh meats & veg. Without a pukka night time tea, I just can't switch off.
I've stopped drinking tea and coffee by 5pm to try and help

In that case I have no idea what's wrong. You have made a lot of changes and don't seem 100% happy so there might be a clue there. Go at it a little more slowly perhaps.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow, it all sounds really high-pressure, @Just Jeff - any chance of taking a break over the summer, even if just for a few days?

I didn't know about citrus affecting mood - thanks for the tip!

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
Wow, it all sounds really high-pressure, @Just Jeff - any chance of taking a break over the summer, even if just for a few days?

I didn't know about citrus affecting mood - thanks for the tip!

Yeah it can be a little bit too much at times, and yeah I'm in need of a break that's for sure.
Thing is my contract will come to an end in Jan after year end. I already have something in the pipeline for a late Feb start, so my intention is to just kick back a little bit in Jan. maybe even take in a break to warmer climate, I hate winter :)

The trouble with freelancing is you really have to work when you have the work. The company I'm with, have been on a 3 year project to release a new back office system and streamline processes. That come in once we hit the new year and after year end reporting. After then I shall be surplus to requirements.

Just Jeff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Politics, Football.
In that case I have no idea what's wrong. You have made a lot of changes and don't seem 100% happy so there might be a clue there. Go at it a little more slowly perhaps.

I wouldn't say I was unhappy with the life choices, but the Doctor said carry on the way your going, I'll just keep making the appointments with the hospital.

Yes you could say it was a wake up call, and yeah I did make massive changes overnight.
At first it was tough the withdrawal after over 25 years of the Elvis Presley diet. Only ever eating things I enjoy Burgers, chips, etc.. Drinking way too much and working all the hours that I could.
Help raising my two children and a house like the one in the film The Money Pit.
Something had to snap and this happened when my mother fell ill with a brain tumour. The rock in my life was suddenly turning it a gibbering wreck.
It was then I had my own health issues and so on recovery from this, I went for a complete change of life.

I must say I feel fitter and healthier, I enjoy swimming once/twice a week, and the trouser size is just an absolute bonus in my book.

Reactions: 2 people