sore fingers

sonniek08

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone just a quick question for anyone...i know us diabetics have to deal with a lot on a daily basis but I just wondered if anyone else is suffering with very sore finger tips as a result of glucose testing regularly? I am still monitoring mine as my insulin is still being adjusted by the hospital but I have to test around 6 times a day and am now also getting tiny bruises.....i fo change location and finger regularly but really wanted anyone's option or advice please as to how I can stop them feeling so tender....many thanks sonia

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi @sonniek08

Just be sure you set the lancing device on the lowest setting possible...... but enough to draw blood, also rotating the fingers you use should reduce the soreness.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't suffer problems with my fingers, but have found cocoa butter is great for making skin soft and it smells really nice as well. Helped with dry skin on my bold patch (all of my head) brilliantly.:):):):)

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Lancet pens usually come with two caps: one for use on fingers the other is an "alternate site" cap used for taking droplets from arms, legs and other fleshy places if you use the wrong cap on your finger it will hurt.

sud5nala

The backs of the first and second joints of the fingers. Not right at the knuckles.

In addition, some lancets, as mentioned above, support alternate sites on the palm, arms, or legs. Look up specifications online to see which body portions that model can use.

David Wass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I test at least 7 times a day everyday so i get sore fingers. Having a physical job means at the end of my fingers can be quite hard sometimes so testing can be difficult especially finding a place where the lancet goes through to draw any blood. I often end up using the same fingers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

David Wass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lancet pens usually come with two caps: one for use on fingers the other is an "alternate site" cap used for taking droplets from arms, legs and other fleshy places if you use the wrong cap on your finger it will hurt.
Where can i get these lancets to test on other areas and what other areas please?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Even though I use the codefree meter I use the multiclix from accu check which is a much kinder Lancet
CAROL