veggetti slicer

S

Shar67

I bought a manual veggie slicer for £12.99 it has 2 slicers for veggetti, thick & thin and an ordinary slicer.
It was well worth the money I have veggettied every day, last night I had little gem salad boats filled with veggettied carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, red onion, and jalapeño hummus, hubby had tomato slices on his.
Best £12.99 ever spend

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I bought a manual veggie slicer for £12.99 it has 2 slicers for veggetti, thick & thin and an ordinary slicer.
It was well worth the money I have veggettied every day, last night I had little gem salad boats filled with veggettied carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, red onion, and jalapeño hummus, hubby had tomato slices on his.
Best £12.99 ever spend
Could you please post a link for this?

I'm interested to see what this is and I'm sure a lot of others will be too:)

Is it like a fancy mandolin?

Grant

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Grant

I bought this one, in my local garden centre on a whim, having been browsing them in the adjacent Lakeland store: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vinsani-3...197475?hash=item51d8c5dfa3:g:zuEAAOSwcBhWU0Am

I generally use my food processor, which has a decent wide feeding tube, for mandolin thin slicing and grating, but this is quick and easy for when I might just want to do one courgette or a carrot. It's extremely sharp, so like all these things, care is required when cleaning the blades, and it had a pronged cap/holder to use when the thing being cut gets shorter.

I paid more than the eBay price, but it is the same make.

There are sooooo many to choose from, and I think how much you pay, or which style you choose can only be guided by how much you might actually use it, the quantities you will realistically need to do (1 versus 10 ccourgettes, etc.), storage considerations - some are larger than others, and the depth of your pocket.

Coincidentally, last weekend, I was in our local Aldi, where they had kitchen stuff on their special offers - ceramic knives, chopping blocks etc, but the range included a single blade, for £1.99! https://www.aldi.co.uk/veggie-stripper/p/069969052426107

I've noticed if Aldi have something this week, Lidl will have it shortly (or it may be the other way around :confused: ).

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Grant

Grant, I popped into Lidl this afternoon to replenish the yoghurt lake and according to the booklet instore, the spiralizer and spiral vegetable cutters will be in store on Thursday. The spiraliser is to be £9.00, and the the spiral vegetable cutters at £2.99 each. The spiral cutters come in fine julienne, wider julienne and all purpose cutter, which makes sort of ribbons.

Could be worth a look.

Reactions: 2 people

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Grant, I popped into Lidl this afternoon to replenish the yoghurt lake and according to the booklet instore, the spiralizer and spiral vegetable cutters will be in store on Thursday. The spiraliser is to be £9.00, and the the spiral vegetable cutters at £2.99 each. The spiral cutters come in fine julienne, wider julienne and all purpose cutter, which makes sort of ribbons.

Could be worth a look.
Superb! Thanks a lot:)

Grant