New omnipod but slight pain

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Regards to IOB, the Omnipod Pump only deducts it if you test your bg levels (or enter it manually) and your back into your bg target range, if you don't test or enter a bg value when bolusing it won't take into account IO[/QUOTE]

I retest before doing anything on it at the moment I want lots of tests to be shown. I didn't know you could bolus without testing

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I didn't know you could bolus without testing

You can, just go to Bolus and press Select and when it says Enter Current BG (and below if bg value is entered it says Use for Bolus Cals) you just select NO, it then asks Are you going to Eat and from there you can either select Yes or No.

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You can, just go to Bolus and press Select and when it says Enter Current BG (and below if bg value is entered it says Use for Bolus Cals) you just select NO, it then asks Are you going to Eat and from there you can either select Yes or No.

Ah I see. Do you know what the little icon is what flashes up. It's like a tower with radio waves lmao

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ah I see. Do you know what the little icon is what flashes up. It's like a tower with radio waves lmao

Don't see that, but it will just be the PDM trying to connect to the Pod. The PDM has to be in range of the Pod for it to perform, just forget the distance but think it's around 5-6 feet.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

That means the PDM is too far away from the pod - move it closer, roll over, move your cardigan out of the way etc - they only need to be close enough to speak to each other if you are blousing or telling the pod to do something new or the PDM wants to update current status.

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Don't see that, but it will just be the PDM trying to connect to the Pod. The PDM has to be in range of the Pod for it to perform, just forget the distance but think it's around 5-6 feet.

I was sat right over it lol. I keep looking at the features to see what I'm doing with it. Then a little bell appeared in the top corner lol I'm not very technical I thought once you told the pod what to do, it's fine

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I was sat right over it lol. I keep looking at the features to see what I'm doing with it. Then a little bell appeared in the top corner lol I'm not very technical I thought once you told the pod what to do, it's fine

If your unsure of any of the symbols just look at the instruction manual, it explains all in there.

Happy pumping :)

tfishuk

I think it is a good idea to keep the pods well away from any scars, I learned the hard way, I have a large scar from having my pancreas removed and suffer terrific pain if I place the pods anywhere near.

carak1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think it is a good idea to keep the pods well away from any scars, I learned the hard way, I have a large scar from having my pancreas removed and suffer terrific pain if I place the pods anywhere near.

Yeah it's why I won't put it on my tummy. I have a Web of stretch marks. Struggling to get my bms down now went to 22.2 down to 18.9 now and that 2 hours after my tea it's stressing me out

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
try to keep chilled ( hard I know )
xx