No More Tablets !

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After an appointment with my new doctor this morning he has decided that I don't need to take medication anymore as I am well controlled and can be a diet controlled diabetic in remission .
Have booked a blood test in 3 months time to make sure all is going well so really pleased after nearly 7 years on vildagliptin . I follow lchf diet and enjoy my diet so hopefully should manage fine .

Reactions: 4 people

davecatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic, I'm only just starting on the LCHF path so it' s great to read all the success posts to keep me encouraged.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Connnnnniiiieeeee! Hi, so good to hear this news, that's fantastic. I'm so happy for you and it's good to chat again. :)

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Connnnnniiiieeeee! Hi, so good to hear this news, that's fantastic. I'm so happy for you and it's good to chat again. :)

Hi Zand
Finally got there !!! I have a new doctor and at last someone on the same wavelength as me . He even thinks I may not have even been diabetic to start with as I was diagnosed after a stroke and he said this caused all your results to be out of zinc and they should have waited for 3 months to confirm diagnosis but who knows !!
Anyway hope all is well with you and you are winning the fight !! Keep well my friend x

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After an appointment with my new doctor this morning he has decided that I don't need to take medication anymore as I am well controlled and can be a diet controlled diabetic in remission .
Have booked a blood test in 3 months time to make sure all is going well so really pleased after nearly 7 years on vildagliptin . I follow lchf diet and enjoy my diet so hopefully should manage fine .
Well done, @connie104 , great news. I am loving the phrase 'diet controlled diabetic in remission'. It sounds better to me than 'reversed diabetes' because it has the reminder that remission is not necessarily permanent. A good phrase to use in the early days of good BG control, for any of us fortunate to be in that position, in order to remain focused on maintaining that. I do hope you will be able to go on and in the long term find you have 'reversed' your diabetes. Gives hope to everyone.