Milk In Low Carb Diet?

diamand

hello!
can we have a glass of milk in breakfast while on LC?
it has a huge 5g per 100ml and a glass is minimum 250ml! which is a whopping 12.5g just from milk!
and I want to have some low carb granola with it which has around 5g, so 17.5g carbs total for breakfast!
is there a solution?
thanks!

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I drink unsweetened soya, I have 500ml and most supermarket brands are very very low carb, mine is 1 carb, yes just 1 carb for 500ml! Mind you either love it or hate it, I've drank it for years way before I was low carbing. Good luck x

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a small amount of double cream mixed with ice cold water. Once you've got the mix right, it is very similar to milk.
:)

Reactions: 2 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would also vote for the soya maybe with some double cream mixed in (to keep everyone happy) no way would I ever eat granola these days though..

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As for breakfast solution.. simply.. don't eat anything
Ooh, that's a bit drastic. I'd be reet grumpy without being outside of something in the morning. :mad:. I have nuts, berries and yoghurt, but I have a fairly high tolerance. We are all different and you have to find out what works for you. You could try it and test after two hours to see what the effect is.

Reactions: 4 people

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My personal preference is Almond Milk, and it's about 0.1g carb per 100ml. It's not as creamy as milk, but it's a nice drink.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are lots of lower carb Milk alternatives, or use Greek Yogurt with your Granola.

By the way there are no "rules" for Low Carb.

You can eat/drink whatever you like. You have to decide what is or isn't acceptable, nobody else can decide for you.

Cat0409_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I love my homemade low carb chocolate nutola its full of seeds and nuts. I love it with vanilla yogurt its filling and low carb.
I never really liked milk and cereal unless it had loads of sugar on it. I put a little erithrytol in the mix and it is plenty sweet enough.
And I also eat it occasionally as a desert as well with a few berries as well

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That would probably be the sweetened version. You need to look at the unsweetened milk substitutes. Soya is around 0.2g per 100ml.
Also which brand, the unsweetened does vary doesn't it. I stick to supermarket brands they're cheaper too! X

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooh, that's a bit drastic. I'd be reet grumpy without being outside of something in the morning. :mad:. I have nuts, berries and yoghurt, but I have a fairly high tolerance. We are all different and you have to find out what works for you. You could try it and test after two hours to see what the effect is.
Thanks but I find my nothing works great for me..

diamand

Went to Starbucks today and they charge 50p if you want to put cream in your coffee!
I found that hideous and I will never go to Starbucks again.
Costa coffee offer it for free instead of milk.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
As with all things: read all the labels and eat to your meter