what are your favorite diabetes "candy"

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello I used to have a very sweet tooth, and loved also chips and alike , but not cakes so much and White bread...

But as relatively new diiagnosed I collect indformation and ideas to types of "candy" that is in the better area to eat when diabetic...

so what do you buy that tastes and feels a bit like candy ?

these are my favorites ; https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/4189eo2BH+L._SX385_.jpg

they taste amazing, they contain 40% fibre... which mean most people cant eat more than a third of a packet a time, but they are very hard to tew so people with bad teeeth should maybe avoid them https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...7cd4-5f64-8c22-713b698089b4&pf_rd_i=358605031

Reactions: Prem51

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Marie
Is that minus the fibre as in the American way or the whole carbs that is measured In the UK.
CAROL

Reactions: Freema

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I like the Ricola and Sula sweets, and Boots 'No Added Sugar' Chocolate Caramels

Edit: And Werther's Original sugar free Creamy Toffees.

Last edited:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I used to love Panda liquorice. Have just looked it up and it is 76% carbs :eek: I am getting over the shock with a cup of Pukka peppermint and liquorice tea for zero carbs.

I have tried sweets like Ricola but they just shoot straight through me.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Marie
Is that minus the fibre as in the American way or the whole carbs that is measured In the UK.
CAROL
I think it would be without fibre, why does people Count in the fibres ?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As far as I know the whole amount of carbs is fibre plus sugar but maybe someone can explain why

CAROL

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
As far as I know the whole amount of carbs is fibre plus sugar but maybe someone can explain why

CAROL
In the UK and the rest of the EU, the figure for carbs already has the fibre amount taken out. In the US, (and possibly other countries) you have to subtract the fibre amount from the total carbs.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Amazingly, since I've gone low-carb I've lost my taste for sweets. I quit smoking five months ago and still chew sugar-free Nicorette gum now and again (lemon flavour) and vape 'dessert' vape juices, but that's as far as it goes. Even the vape juices taste sickly to me now.

Very occasionally I'll eat a square of 85% dark chocolate.

Brunneria, thanks for posting the fat bomb link again. I'd love to give these a try!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I did buy some Sula pear drops the other day quite nice but would not make a habit of it 85% or higher dark chocolate is more my thing.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
well I wasn´t neccesarily thinking of artificial sweeteners... I meant ; what do you use in stead like candy ?

Reactions: JohnEGreen