Had it

Chrisle68

So yesterday cup of tea no sugar apple and banana for lunch Half a grilled stake 6oz 2 chips and peas and drank Water only This morning 22.6

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

The apple, the banana.. How milky do you have yer tea..

That's probably "WF'ed"..

Reactions: Freema

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So yesterday cup of tea no sugar apple and banana for lunch Half a grilled stake 6oz 2 chips and peas and drank Water only This morning 22.6

Don't know how long you've been lower carbing but it does take sometime to reduce your reserves, which will be used first thing in the morning, to get you going.

as @Jaylee said, apples, banana ar going to help the reserves a bit

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'd estimate you had around 50g of carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd estimate you had around 50g of carbs

It's probably more than that - a banana has 23g of carbs in a small one, a medium Apple has 20+ and then there's the chips, not to mention the peas (which have 18g per 100g)

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's probably more than that - a banana has 23g of carbs in a small one, a medium Apple has 20+ and then there's the chips, not to mention the peas (which have 18g per 100g)
True, I was thinking of smaller portions

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
If you have a look at dietdoctor.com there are some good pictures of fruit, veg etc showing the best choices. Also have a look at Viv's diet on the sticky page on here.

A

asparagusp

I'd estimate you had around 50g of carbs

That's an absurd estimate in my opinion. We talk of liver dumping. The body needs fuel and in my opinion Chrisie68 you need to eat more, not necessarily carbohydrates.

Anyway you have given us one reading which might just be a blip.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's an absurd estimate in my opinion. We talk of liver dumping. The body needs fuel and in my opinion Chrisie68 you need to eat more, not necessarily carbohydrates.

He's been at it for 2 months and his lowest reading is 17.3, it does suggest there is scope for diet change, though we don't know what medication @Chrisle68 is on.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

An absurd estimate of what? The body may well need fuel but not carbohydrate fuel...
I just finished a 4 day fast do I need to eat more?

Reactions: Jaylee

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What meter do you have? What was your HbA1c at diagnosis? Are you taking the shedloads of pills? if so what are they?
We don't have much info to go on here so tell us a bit more about yourself and we might be able to help a bit more.

A

asparagusp

Please read my post again. I did say "not necessarily carbohydrates"

Thanks hankjam for filling me in.

Reactions: hankjam

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hi,
As already said your numbers are definitely too high, what meds are u on if any, if you give us more info we should be able to help, fruit personally rockets my bloods extremely high, look forward to hearing from you:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What are we offering advice on?
Assumption that @Chrisle68 is T2 and lchf?
Would like much more information before offering any advice.

C

catherinecherub

You have not given us much information other than saying in another post that you take a shedload of pills.

Did you test before and after your meals that you mention?
What was your waking number on the previous day?
You really need to test more as you will never know which foods are raising your blood sugars and which foods you can safely eat, even if you have to reduce the position size.
Read around the forum and you will see that some people can tolerate more carbs than other and some people do not have a problem with fruit if they eat it as part of a balanced meal.

Chrisle68

Sorry sun was out Motorbike time lol Taking Ramipril 10 one a day plus Janumet 50mg two a day Machine is sd biosensor test first thing two hours after meal meter reading 22.6 24.5 23.5 29.9 21.9 24.5

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry sun was out Motorbike time lol Taking Ramipril 10 one a day plus Janumet 50mg two a day Machine is sd biosensor test first thing two hours after meal meter reading 22.6 24.5 23.5 29.9 21.9 24.5

The bike!? Why not! :cool:

Just to clarify. The bits on red are post meal readings..?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

If you find it difficult to know what foods to eat .... then it would maybe be a good idea to learn of the low carb diet which @daisy will send you a link to in the information she gives every new person in here....
But eat meat ,eggs and cheese and avocadoes and nuts (like a small handful a day) are rather safe choices ... eat lots of green salads cucumber tomato garlic, about bread you could change to the protein rolls that LIDL sells, a lot of people in this forum likes these rolls ... they dont have so much carbs as do most bread and they make you satiated... try only to drink water and things without carbs untill your blood glucose has come down under 8mmol ...
ask again if you have daubts of some foods , I´m sure people will like to help you..

Last edited:

Chrisle68

If you find it diifficult to know what foods to eat .... then it would maybe be a good idea to learn of the low carb diet which @daisy will send you a link to in the information she gives every new person in here....
But eat meat ,eggs and cheese and avocadoes and nuts (like a small handful a day) are rather safe choices ... eat lots of green salads cucumber tomato garlic, about bread you could change to the protein rolls that LIDL sells, a lot of people in this forum likes these rolls ... they dont have so much carbs as do most bread and they make you satiated... try only to drink water and things without carbs untill your blood glucose has come down under 8mmol ...
ask again if you have daubts of some foods , I´m sure people will like to help you..
Thanks