Why do I want to be on a pump anyway

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Only a few days now until I go live on the Medtronic 640g and I am really looking forward to it now. So many type zeros have asked me why do you want to be on a pump if injections are working for me. In truth injections are ok but will not cure my DP or constant hypo issues.
https://type1bri.com/insulin-pump-want-one

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Superb piece, @Type1Bri !

On Wednesday I will have been pumping for a year (one year out of 30 and a half with type 1). I went onto a pump because of my quality of life being massively affected by my unreasonable micromanagement causing so many hypos - many per day - and I just had no capacity to be doing anything non-diabetes-management-related with my life!

I still have issues with my numbers and the way I feel about them, but this pumping lark is just so, so much further beyond I could ever have seen getting without it.

My pump has - and will continue to - changed my life immeasurably for the better.

Hope it goes well for you - happy pumping!

:happy::happy::happy:

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Superb piece, @Type1Bri !

On Wednesday I will have been pumping for a year (one year out of 30 and a half with type 1). I went onto a pump because of my quality of life being massively affected by my unreasonable micromanagement causing so many hypos - many per day - and I just had no capacity to be doing anything non-diabetes-management-related with my life!

I still have issues with my numbers and the way I feel about them, but this pumping lark is just so, so much further beyond I could ever have seen getting without it.

My pump has - and will continue to - changed my life immeasurably for the better.

Hope it goes well for you - happy pumping!

Thanks, glad you liked my blog.
Happy pump birthday for Wednesday, can't wait till Thursday now

Reactions: Snapsy

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Yay !! @Type1Bri
pump has been a game changer for me too !!
HbA1c is up slightly over this past year ( from 6.1 to 6.6% ) but the reduction in hypos and severity of hypos has been astounding.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Yay !! @Type1Bri
pump has been a game changer for me too !!
HbA1c is up slightly over this past year ( from 6.1 to 6.6% ) but the reduction in hypos and severity of hypos has been astounding.
Thanks for the reply, always interested in others experience

Reactions: himtoo

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@himtoo ditto re HbA1c!

Mine was 44 pre pump, then 42 three months in, and 46 more recently. Was gutted..... UNTIL I realised that this was the sign that I was waiting for to show me that my hypo addiction had been kicked into touch.

All GOOD!!!!!

Reactions: himtoo

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
got to agree, my A1C was 45 on pens but 10 month in up to 46 but think this is due to less hypos and DP being mended as best it can, I still have hypos don't get me wrong but I get signs earlier and normaly catch them in high 3's or realy high 2's which sounds scary but seeing as I was going 1.3and as low as 1.1 when working this is a big step in a short time

Good luck and I hope you do great on the pump :)

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Just had a call from DSN. Pump start delayed till 9th November

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Awwww @Type1Bri - so sorry to hear about the delay - BUT do remember that it will be worth the wait!

And that means your pump will be a Scorpio rather than a Libra! (Not that I know anything about astrology, 's just that I'm a Scorpio, so in my opinion your pump will be just fabulous based purely on its start date. So there.)

*clutches at straws in the hope of cheering up @Type1Bri a little*

:rolleyes:

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
That's my birthday as well so it's going to be a great present worth waiting for

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
AHA! Two days after mine!

Ever done the maths? Count back 40-ish weeks....

*cringes*

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I KNOW.....! Since I found THAT little gem out, well, I've seen my parents in a new light........

:facepalm:

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
I KNOW.....! Since I found THAT little gem out, well, I've seen my parents in a new light........

:facepalm:
I know what you mean, things are never going to be the same again, randy rascals!!

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Goodluck on your pump journey you sure will get better management.
Cheers David, can't wait to get going now. Annoying that date got put back as my levels are really good atm and would have been an ideal time to start, hopefully they stay good for next 3 weeks

Reactions: Type1Lad

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Cheers David, can't wait to get going now. Annoying that date got put back as my levels are really good atm and would have been an ideal time to start, hopefully they stay good for next 3 weeks
Yes it is annoying when they change the date, but you are strong and I know you will work hard to get the pump right for you, I'm excited and can't wait for more updates on your pump journey make sure to name the pump :)

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Yeah I am determined to get this pumping thing nailed by Xmas
Will be blogging about it all along the way,

Reactions: Type1Lad