Diabetic Meet up in Kent

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi having just seen the meetup in london tomorrow i wonder if there is a meetup in Kent?

If not i am happy to set one up on a regular basis as it would be great to network with others.

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah i think i got confused itvis next month!

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats true at least i would have been able to make the decisions at the meeting. Plus a cheap round of drinks

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Happy to help if you want advice etc and to help you promote it on social media etc
Where in kent are you? I'm London/kent borders

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im down in herne bay i am aiming to come to the london event but depends on trains as they can be a nightmare! Will def accept all the help i can get though

A

asparagusp

Dan so far no one has said they are interested in a Kent meet up. There was another thread a couple of days ago suggesting a Christmas get together again with no interests expressed, so ..... I myself tried to organise a get together of members of a huge forum, around 200000, and only two or three turned up. It was nice though but a lot of valuable energy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Just accepted your rrquest to the Facebook group for the London meetups

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Start small think big is what they say right? I guess if we was to have a meetup of a small ammount and it could gradually grow?

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
The london ones started out with just 7 or 8, in the summer we had a picnic in Hyde Park and over 50 turned up. Once they take off they are great fun

Reactions: robert72