Diabetic Meet up in Kent

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Type1Bri Thanks for that, its booked in on the calendar now for 26th Nov!

@Shar67 Bluewater would be a great idea nice and central for Kent. Probably best to start in Jan to avoid the christmas sales.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Bluewater is 10 minutes from me so would be interested definitely.

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Working on it! meetup charges so looking at options

S

Shar67

This forum is fine, don't need to go smaller, go big or go home.
3 people already onboard, I know a couple of others that may be interested.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
I wouldn't recommend going anywhere else to arrange this. The forum is where the T1D London ones began last year

A

asparagusp

I wouldn't recommend going anywhere else to arrange this. The forum is where the T1D London ones began last year

Why? Just because your group started here, doesn't mean there aren't other ways to include. London is easier to set up. By joining meet up you can aim for people in Kent and indeed London.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Fully agree there are many other ways to promote the meetups. Social media is a very powerful tool when used well, @Dan6

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meet up charges once you try and set up a group. Maybe il start on here with a proper date in a new post im not great at setting up forums etc might go for facebook alongside this to do the admin part of it Late Jan suit you 2?

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Facebook group created search Kent Diabetic Meetups

S

Shar67

Why? Just because your group started here, doesn't mean there aren't other ways to include. London is easier to set up. By joining meet up you can aim for people in Kent and indeed London.

London is fine but there is life outside of it. We could be like the scouts, groups all around then a London jamboree, hosted by the London group

Reactions: Dan6

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
London is fine but there is life outside of it. We could be like the scouts, groups all around then a London jamboree, hosted by the London group
That would be pretty cool and it gives everyone the chance to network in person with other diabetics

Chrisle68

Im down in herne bay i am aiming to come to the london event but depends on trains as they can be a nightmare! Will def accept all the help i can get though
Dan I'm up for a kent group As live in Queenborough and hate going up to the centre of London as the air quality is not great and everything is overpriced lol (and they are all smelly lol)
Chris

Dan6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dan I'm up for a kent group As live in Queenborough and hate going up to the centre of London as the air quality is not great and everything is overpriced lol (and they are all smelly lol)
Chris
Fantastic if you have facebook feel free to join the group if not i will be advertising the event for January on here as well soon