LibreLink and starting new sensor, HELP!

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
Hi, my Freestyle Libre sensor came off today before it should have done (3 days before it should have done). How do I now start a new sensor when the LibreLink App on my phone is still saying I have 2 days left and is still showing my graph?? Hope somebody can help me! Is it just as simple as put a new sensor in and scan it? Don't obviously want to waste one! Thanks.

Andrea

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, my Freestyle Libre sensor came off today before it should have done (3 days before it should have done). How do I now start a new sensor when the LibreLink App on my phone is still saying I have 2 days left and is still showing my graph?? Hope somebody can help me! Is it just as simple as put a new sensor in and scan it? Don't obviously want to waste one! Thanks.

Andrea
When you scan the new sensor you'll probably get the option to "start a new one" as the app will know it's not the sensor that it had previously registered.

FYI, you should always scan with the reader first - this allows you to use both your phone and reader. Although they don't share information or history, let's say you damaged your phone then you can still use your sensor with your reader:)

You might already know the above so if you do, just ignore me!

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
When you scan the new sensor you'll probably get the option to "start a new one" as the app will know it's not the sensor that it had previously registered.

FYI, you should always scan with the reader first - this allows you to use both your phone and reader. Although they don't share information or history, let's say you damaged your phone then you can still use your sensor with your reader:)

You might already know the above so if you do, just ignore me!
Thanks @GrantGam1337 I thought that would probably be the case but not had to do this before and didn't want to risk wasting a new sensor. I don't actually own a reader at all, I just buy the sensors and use my phone. I never thought about if my phone got broken to be honest but you make a good point! Oh and thanks for the tip too.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
By the way, it worked! Attached a new sensor and started it within an hour and it just said "start a new sensor?" :) Thanks again for your help!

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well, since I started this new sensor it seems to be a duff. The readings are always out by quite a few mmol/l (sometimes up to 6.0 mmol/l difference) and this morning I stupidly used the reading for my bolus wizard on my pump and promptly had the most horrendous hypo I've had in years (was down at 1.4 - Libre said I was 4.8). I won't be doing that again!! :-/

extraspike

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i am looking at starting with thr Libre Sensor, type 1 diabetic for 42 yrs and feel that this might be holy grail....can you help / advise of your experiences with this sensor?