VIT B12

Hotpepper20000

Even before I was on Metformin I was low in B12.
So apart from injections (which I don't do any more) once a month is there a type of B12 I should be taking?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I take one that dissolves (and is absorbed) under the tongue, - my levels are now high-normal :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In your experience how long did it take for you to feel the positive effects?
Ooh, that's difficult to say - I had started to take it shortly before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease in 2011, which had also made me anaemic along with a raft of other malabsorption problems and symptoms - but I had certainly gone to normal B12 levels by the time I had a repeat blood test 6 months later.

Hotpepper20000

Ooh, that's difficult to say - I had started to take it shortly before I was diagnosed with coeliac disease in 2011, which had also made me anaemic along with a raft of other malabsorption problems and symptoms - but I had certainly gone to normal B12 levels by the time I had a repeat blood test 6 months later.
Ok I will give it a good six months before I consider the injections again. Thanks.

Reactions: robert72

Hotpepper20000

B12 is good stuff! I use the Jarrows (5000mcg) sub-lingual, and can tell a difference after 3 to 5 days of supplementing.

Money well spent:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jarrow-Met...F8&qid=1478691054&sr=8-1&keywords=jarrows+B12
I know I'm low on B12, but I'm not sure if I'm feeling this way because of the usual SAD (winter depression) is setting in again or if it's the VIT deficiency. Hopefully I will feel its affects sooner then later.
I was really hoping with the weight loss and LCHF I could by pass it this year.

Last edited:
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I know I'm low on B12, but I'm not sure if I'm feeling this way because of the usual SAD (winter depression) is setting in again or if it's the VIT deficiency. Hopefully I will feell its affects sooner the later.
I was really hoping with the weight loss and LCHF I could by pass it this year.
I have just bagged some of that Jarrows. Thanks @Patch and @robert72 for the recommendation.

I am taking D3 and K2 for winter sunshine and bone health. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: robert72

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who cares, a placebo effect is still an EFFECT!!!

:D