Type 2 , Just been put on insulin ,Scared

goalie

I did panic when the nurse asked me to add more to my diet, she said its ok don't worry about weight gain we have a tablet we can add to stop that , I don't like this starting point I hope it works out , I just want some energy ..

Hi it may be that you need to eat regularly but if you are getting hypos then surely you need less insulin rather than eating more to keep you levels up. Ask your nurse about this. Why cause weight gain and then add another medication in to counteract it. Sounds a bit back to front to me.

noidea21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi it may be that you need to eat regularly but if you are getting hypos then surely you need less insulin rather than eating more to keep you levels up. Ask your nurse about this. Why cause weight gain and then add another medication in to counteract it. Sounds a bit back to front to me.
Hi thank you for the comment, I am on my 3rd week of Insulin now , I have been having it increased each week , I have had a couple of low sugars, I have had to increase my carbs as they said I was not having enough , I thankfully have not put any weight on up to now , it is hit and miss at the moment as my sugars have only reduced slightly and still spiking in Afternoon ..

noidea21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How are things @noidea21 ?
Hello thanks so much for message, I started on low dose of Insulin in mornings and evenings, then the dose was increased slightly week1 , then increased again second week again this week increased , I have had to increase my carbs but no weight gain so far thank goodness, I have had 2 low sugars and have been told to carry a hypo emergency pack as they called and have one at bedside.. I am still not sure how much it will get increased as still having high sugars in afternoons and evening.. Hope all is well for you and again thank you for asking it is sweet of you .:angelic: