First couple days pumping

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Only on day 3 and I love being on the pump. My control is so much better already. Was definatly worth putting the effort in on MDI to establish my ratios and correction factors in advance. Couple of screen shots from my first 2 days attached
6a1025f93557adb7d52a15d2a4ed400b.jpg
b093cf62b9a865e76edafca03b51caa2.jpg

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Yeah I am really hoping so, love it so far

Reactions: Snapsy

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
lovely to see , and hear how you are doing !!

Reactions: Snapsy

sin85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Only on day 3 and I love being on the pump. My control is so much better already. Was definatly worth putting the effort in on MDI to establish my ratios and correction factors in advance. Couple of screen shots from my first 2 days attached
Congrats on getting the pump. Your bloods were really good anyway well done on that too. I read your blog and you stated that you were having morning highs. I often wake up at 17 and am due for the pump this wednesday. I am just wondering how your levels are now in the mornings since the pump or Perhaps its too early to tell yet. Can I ask what type of pump you have?

6a1025f93557adb7d52a15d2a4ed400b.jpg
b093cf62b9a865e76edafca03b51caa2.jpg

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Thanks for reading my blog, hope you are enjoying it
My mornings before were always between 10 and 15, no matter what. From the very first night these have been massively improved by the pump.
Make sure when you go for ur pump start you have loads of data from past 3 weeks, this will really help with ur initial pump settings. I knew all my carb ratios at different times of day, correction factors and basal levels when on MDI.
I am on the Medtronic 640g, nothing to compare it too, but it is awesome.
Overnight last night below
cb25d1e28387e4a50287faa7d18aec4c.jpg

Reactions: Snapsy and himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
@Type1Bri
that is an awesome overnight line
well done you on putting the work in to get your rates organised prior to going on your pump.

I grin from ear to ear getting libre graphs like that :D

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
@Type1Bri
that is an awesome overnight line
well done you on putting the work in to get your rates organised prior to going on your pump.

I grin from ear to ear getting libre graphs like that :D
Yeah small wins but it makes the effort we put in all worth while

Reactions: Snapsy and himtoo

sin85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for reading my blog, hope you are enjoying it
My mornings before were always between 10 and 15, no matter what. From the very first night these have been massively improved by the pump.
Make sure when you go for ur pump start you have loads of data from past 3 weeks, this will really help with ur initial pump settings. I knew all my carb ratios at different times of day, correction factors and basal levels when on MDI.
I am on the Medtronic 640g, nothing to compare it too, but it is awesome.
Overnight last night below
cb25d1e28387e4a50287faa7d18aec4c.jpg
Thanks for writing back and thanks for the info. I got my pump last wednesday, its an accu check one that connects with the meter via blue(very fancy!) I had no choice in the pump the hospital just give whatever is approved on the HSE(the Irish equivalent to the NHS) There is only saline in mine at the moment, I get the insulin on Wednesday so hopefully I will be as good as you once I get started. Ur basically my target now, I have to get to your levels then I shall be happy! Can I ask how you are finding the sites? Mine is quite itchy. Just wondering if its just me or if anyone else fins this

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Glad you on ur pump now, how you finding it??
You will be all good once ur on the insulin, set yourself small goals and work towards them.
My sites, touch wood, have been great so far, not too itchy even on day 3

paulpapa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Type1Bri Congrats on the pump and the new blog. I was just saying the other day how I should document it when I get mine early next year.

This may be a very basic question, but how are you able to work out your correction factor? I just seem to inject a few extra units and hope for the best!

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
@Type1Bri Congrats on the pump and the new blog. I was just saying the other day how I should document it when I get mine early next year.

This may be a very basic question, but how are you able to work out your correction factor? I just seem to inject a few extra units and hope for the best!
Thanks @paulpapa
To work out my correction factor in waited till my bloods were stable at around 8mmol then I took 1U insulin, checked bloods 1/2 hourly and see how much the 1u lowered my levels. For this to work u need 2 things
1. Basal rate set correctly
2. Stable Blood sugars at start of test at 8mmol or above ( needs to be at least 8 so you don't hypo once insulin starts working)
If you do start to go too low abandon test and take some carbs

paulpapa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for the speedy reply. I might try that tomorrow. Here's hoping I wake up in a decent enough place.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows
Thank you for the speedy reply. I might try that tomorrow. Here's hoping I wake up in a decent enough place.
Remember to test regularly whilst doing this, if unsure check with DSN before doing test

Reactions: paulpapa