What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Chasida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pubs/clubs
well now I understand nothing... 6.2 mmol at 10.30 and I did actually burn more than I ate yesterday... so.. well I hope it is due to being low in the middle of the night
Freema, can I just ask .... how do you know when you've gone low during the night? Does it wake you up?

Reactions: Freema and Liam1955

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Freema, can I just ask .... how do you know when you've gone low during the night? Does it wake you up?
I don´t know ....I just hoped that...I am not at all sure

but as I did burn 1750 calories the day before at the fitness ,but did only eat 1630 calories which mean I did only live from my own body the whole day as without doing fitness and anything at all my body would burn like 1600 calories on a day... plus 1750....that would be over 3000 calories burned ... and only eaten 1630 calories...
most people would have been very low from that but obviously not me...........I would probably have to do a marathon before experiencing a low

Reactions: Wurst

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.

but as I did burn 1750 calories the day before at the fitness ,but did only eat 1630 calories which mean I did only live from my own body the whole day as without doing fitness and anything at all my body would burn like 1600 calories on a day... plus 1750....that would be over 3000 calories burned ... and only eaten 1630 calories...
most people would have been very low from that but obviously not me...........I would probably have to do a marathon before experiencing a low
That's it-you are a marathon runner inside-dedicated, constant and continually making the effort!:)

Reactions: Wurst

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Fasting was 5.7. By mid-morning it had shot up to 7. I'm putting it down to a poor night's sleep. It's back down to 5.8 now.

Reactions: SWUSA_

Gilsy s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Injustices.
Fasting blood AM was 14.4 by PM 16.5:bigtears: At the beginning of the month I had readings of 5.5 - 10.9 am and 5.6 - 11.6. For the last 2 weeks they have gone through the roof. medication was Humalin 1 20 units am & 26 pm, they're now 24 am & 30pm. I also take Metformin x4 and Gliclazide x4 daily. I've had some good advice from members, so it's just gathering all the facts together. Suffering from brain fog most of the time :confused: this could get rather interesting. Having multiple health issues ...... 'aint going to help either !!;)

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
hahaha I can´t even run have arthritis in my feet.... that´ll be the day....
But you have the heart and determination of a marathon runner-in it for the long haul! If something doesn't work you regroup and try again-you do not give up. I admire that.

LAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Just a thought from my experience, I did a mini triathlon expecting my blood sugar to be REALLY low afterwards, when in fact the opposite was true, it doubled !! Then I tried less stressful exercise, just a casual walk, even as little as two miles and my blood sugar started to improve. I came to the conclusion too much exercise can put the body under stress, cortisol is released, and blood sugar goes up! I'm still active, but not manically now. Hope this helps

Last edited: