Freestyle Libre Sony App

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello
Ive been trawling the web on more information about an App for the Freestyle Libre that communicates via Bluetooth to the Freestyle Libre and alarms if either readings too high or too low. It would appear that a Sony Smartwatch 3 seems to be the only 'Smartwatch' that can be used. Does anyone happen to know if this app can be downloaded on to any other device, for example, an Apple Watch?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Dustydog, it absolutely won't work on the apple watch. It's a completely different OS. I don't know about other Android Wear devices. You'd be best contacting the developer. I think the key issue is that the Smartwatch 3 has an NFC chip, which I'm not sure of in other Android Wear watches.

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Dustydog, it absolutely won't work on the apple watch. It's a completely different OS. I don't know about other Android Wear devices. You'd be best contacting the developer. I think the key issue is that the Smartwatch 3 has an NFC chip, which I'm not sure of in other Android Wear watches.
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. I appreciate that Apple is a different OS and I understand that the app won't be available for this until 2017 and I do suspect that will be quite late on in 2017.

However, for the information of other people you might like to know that, although the Sony "Watch is the device that will alarm you don't actually need a Sony Smartphone there is a cheaper LG phone that has NFC enabled and if you don't require access to the internet whilst out and about but download the app indoors for example it appears it all works.

However, I have in mind to test the theory later this week and will report on the forum if that is appropriate. However, in the testing stage at the moment people.