What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 :pompous::woot::eek: did sleep well.... didn´t eat very much yesterday, did do very much excercise... but at least I do Loose weight...

Reactions: SWUSA_ and Prem51

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Mine was 17-5 I just don't know what's happening to me .i'm scared
I had a couple of 17s earlier in the week and I had to significantly increase my insulin to get it back down. This happens every now and then - usually around the time I'm fighting a cold or some viral infection. I heard this is common among both type 1s and 2s so perhaps you're fighting something off or you're dealing with stress (stressful time of year for many) perhaps you're eating too late in the evening before you go to bed or you're experiencing the dawn phenomena where you're BGs suddenly go low in the early hours triggering your kidneys (ore is it your liver) to spill sugar in to your blood stream. **** a complicated thing to have to deal with eh? Anyway I would try making notes of everything you;'re doing, eating or feeling - eventually you may know exactly the cause of your rising blood sugars - this is what I did sometime ago because at one time my BGs were always high in the morning - after a few years I finally figured it out. (for me eating too big of a meal in the evening only couple of hours before going to bed)