MrXile

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My pancreas.
That makes me feel a little better lol

I look back (only four weeks so today), and I think to myself how damaging our high bloods (and kets) could have actually been to us and I also think how blasé we were before our diagnosis about eating and the automatic process our pancreas does for us. Ignorance is bliss eh

Reactions: miszu and Medusa41

Lynneward

Type of diabetes
LADA
I too was diagnosed with type 1 in October - aged 48.
Came as a bit of a shock but getting on well and feeling so much better since starting insulin

Reactions: Medusa41

amyhowes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well in that case she did very well, and you're here because of that care. Awesome! Pass on my congrats to her for being so strong and to yourself of course!

Thank you very much, that is greatly appreciated

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
23. Will be just 3 years in April, but it now feels like I've always lived life this way. I suppose that's a good thing though:)

Adam.froud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 32 - 6 January this year, 3 days before my 33rd birthday. I'm gradually getting there!

genix

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 3 years of age diagnosed type 1. I'm now 43

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi and welcome, I was 31 and my granddaughter 2 1/2 years old.

Reactions: Peppergirl

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed at 38 whilst pregnant with no1 son.

TallGiraffe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed at age 8 (16 years and counting!), whilst on holiday with family in Wales! Luckily (or unluckily for him!), my dad and a lot of his side of the family are T1 as well so spotted all the signs!

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
I was 21, first showed symptoms in April, they disappeared & came back with a vengeance in the November 1990.

Addy41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 41 & 3/4!! Only diagnosed with type 1 last week! Was firstly diagnosed with type 2 18 months ago, wrongly it seems.

blueflower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I was diagnosed with T1D at age 8 and I honestly did not know that it was not uncommon to be diagnosed with T1D over age 30... When I first got diagnosed, doctors had told my parents that only children and teenagers could be diagnosed with T1D, and that this kind of "dysfunction" does not occur once you're an "adult". Well, it was almost thirteen years ago now, but I am happy to know that adults over 30 get diagnosed with T1D as well!

Great thread, thank you! :cat:

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I was 13 years old and that was back in 1981.
Stabilised in Northwick Park Hospital..
I really fancied a nurse called Corin Kelby.. She must be nearly 70 years old by now..

Emma3312

I was diagnosed 2 months ago at the age of 27. I feel a complete lack of support and so many unanswered questions:(

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed 2 months ago at the age of 27. I feel a complete lack of support and so many unanswered questions:(

Hi @Emma3312 sorry you're feeling unsupported since your diagnosis. If you have questions ask away on the forum. I'm 3 months in and have found lots of useful info here.