itchy toes

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

My underside of my 3 middle toes right foot have itched quite alot for a good while now. I am wondering if that is linked to the diabetes? Even if not itchy if I rub them it's itchy feeling n I keep having to rub them on the carpet for relief

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No nothing like that but if I touch them they start itching it's weird

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Think is its happened for couple years at least and it's a feeling from the inside nothing outside caused it like a bite but who knows if it's a reaction or something I don't know

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it's fungal, I read this in one of the articles I linked to above...

When choosing over-the-counter (OTC) anti-fungal creams, look for brands that have either butenafine or terbinafine as active ingredients. These medications have good potency against most of the organisms that cause tinea pedis [commonly referred to as athlete's foot].

So is this an intermittent problem that lasts for a week or less? Or is this an ongoing problem that lasts for weeks or months?

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think it's intermittent. I just bought that pedisalve to start looking after my feet more although they look ok I have some hard skin

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Perhaps the problem is dry skin? I didn't have dry, thick, cracked skin problems with my feet until I reached my 40's. I don't like fussing with lotions, so wear socks year round instead which makes the dry, cracked skin on my heals much better.

Just took a peek at that product... http://marblehillonline.co.uk/ingredients I love that's it's all natural. I'm going to see if it's available in the USA. Thank you!

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Perhaps the problem is dry skin? I didn't have dry, thick, cracked skin problems with my feet until I reached my 40's. I don't like fussing with lotions, so wear socks year round instead which makes the dry, cracked skin on my heals much better.

Just took a peek at that product... http://marblehillonline.co.uk/ingredients I love that's it's all natural. I'm going to see if it's available in the USA. Thank you!
Wow excellent your welcome I hope they do send it to the USA

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well poo, Amazon here didn't have it, and Amazon in the UK can't ship it to the USA. I'll look for a similar product here. Thanks again, and do let us know if the itching goes away. :)

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you x

Hello @coleyd I know we are not really supposed to advise people on here for any kind of treatment but have you heard about natural Honey for skin complaints? I saw an article where someone applied raw honey to a foot ulcer with a cotton swab and then covered it with a plain dressing and saved a persons foot as they were diabetic. I've had a problem from a spider bit for months just wont heal an the nurse at my surgery said it's nothing and to use e45 on it. Well I did and it got no better, about a week ago i tried this and the itching has eased a hell of a lot, the scarring from all the scratching hasn't gone but the irritation has greatly

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes! I used manuka honey to heal my c section infection a few years ago ! Amazing stuff . I wanted to avoid antibiotics

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

My underside of my 3 middle toes right foot have itched quite alot for a good while now. I am wondering if that is linked to the diabetes? Even if not itchy if I rub them it's itchy feeling n I keep having to rub them on the carpet for relief
Hi @coleyd I am surprised nobody has mentioned peripheral neuropathy as this is a diabetes forum. The later stages are loss of feeling in the toes but many people report tingling, a bit like pins and needles as a symptom . I had this but it has gone away with my improved BG. I do still have a irritation some times in my toes which could perhaps be described as an itch. It feels like I have a bit of sellotape or something stuck on the bottom of my toes.

Reactions: coleyd

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks ill keep an eye on that I've got my 1st diabetic nurse appointment this Friday

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had severe intermittent itching under my toes ( and on my fingers) for over 10 years (way before my recent diabetes diagnosis...when my bloods were fine) it was diagnosed as pomphlyx excema......and NOTHING helps, except keeping the feet as cool as possible.....maybe it's that?

hawkeyeuk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Charlie Baker, just out ,of interest have you ever tried an anti fungal cream ( for athletes foot)