Spanish Lidl

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am off to spain for a few weeks and I have been trying to find out if they stock their protein rolls but getting no joy would anyone know if they do as I would be lost without these.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you emailed Lidl directly? they are usually quite helpful.

A

asparagusp

I am off to spain for a few weeks and I have been trying to find out if they stock their protein rolls but getting no joy would anyone know if they do as I would be lost without these.
And if they don't? You could always take some with you!

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lived in Spain for fifteen years returning to U.K. a year ago and shopped at Lidl all the time , I never saw these rolls whilst there .They may have introduced them but the Spanish have not embraced brown bread ( pan integral) in Spanish as we have in the UK

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Don't think I got a case big enough for 30 rolls
Going to have to get thinking cap on

A

asparagusp

They weigh nothing! Take them in hand luggage or take less. You could also send them ..... Don't email the UK Kids but the German one since it's a German company. At the end of the day you can easily go without for a few days!

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm off to Italy in a few weeks and i'm planning on filling my hand luggage with Lidl rolls.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll check our local LIDL (Garrucha, Almería) next time I go, haven't seen them there before.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are these the ones? Lidl Spain calls them Panecillo Fitness, 39cents.

Bellatom

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I think they are but will check and let you know the correct name.
Had to smile I wrote to Lidl about 4 weeks ago asking if they sell these rolls in Spain, I received a reply this morning saying unfortunately they are not available in any of their Spanish stores, have emailed the good person at lidl to inform them that as far as I am aware the province of Valencia is still part off Spain and yes they do stock the rolls in all of the Lidl's I have been in.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope they are the right ones because I've eaten some now. I read up the contents and ingredients on the allergen information in store. I've never had them before. I made the decision to totally change the type of foods I ate, rather than to find substitutes or replacements for old favourites, like bread. I reckoned if I never ate the same things, I'd be less likely to slip back to 'old ways'. But having bought a roll yesterday, with the intention of photographing it and posting it here, I decided to sample it. (Failed on that one, I have the photograph but can see no way to upload it, but then I am a Luddite!). And I have to say it was delicious, I had 2 thin slices, cut vertically, with the lovely butter you can get here with grains of sea salt in, quite delicious. So, now, I ask myself, if I am going to add a little of this lovely bread, what am I going to take away? Problems problems!