Sdcode free question

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
having to take medication
I've just got a new meter and like an idiot, I tested with out setting the date and time correctly first. Does anyone know if there is a way of deleting a result from the meter as I don't want to sit looking at one wrong result for the next 500 tests before it over writes it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There isn't any way of deleting a result. Sorry, you are stuck with it. Why was it wrong? I can't see how the correct date and time affects what the actual reading was.

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
There isn't any way of deleting a result. Sorry, you are stuck with it. Why was it wrong? I can't see how the correct date and time affects what the actual reading was.

The reading was right but the date and time were wrong and it was just bugging me and I guess it shall for the next 500 tests lol

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My meter says if you take the batteries out for longer than 5 minutes I would lose some data so maybe give that a try.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if this is what you need, but to erase an individual result do the following:

Use the left button to select the result.

Press the left and right buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.

A “DEL”display will appear.

Press the on/off button for 3 seconds to erase the individual result.

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not sure if this is what you need, but to erase an individual result do the following:

Use the left button to select the result.

Press the left and right buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.

A “DEL”display will appear.

Press the on/off button for 3 seconds to erase the individual result.

tried it doesn't work

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My meter says if you take the batteries out for longer than 5 minutes I would lose some data so maybe give that a try.

yeah already tried that took the batteries out went shopping for 4 hours put the battery back in and result was sat there staring at me as if to say "ha you honestly thought that would work!"

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The new requirements for DVLA et al is that it must not be possible to tamper with results in memory since this forms part of any legal action that may follow an incident, and also post mortems. So even if not a driver ,you will still be tied to this regulation for new meters.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
tried it doesn't work
I have tried it again and it seems to only erase the last result not any others. This is not what the email says that I have from SD Biosensor. Sorry about the confusion, I have only used it to erase a reading that was not required straight after taking it. For example when I measured my non diabetic wife's BG out of interest.

RYU

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Works on mine. At what stage in the instructions did it not work?

pressing the left and right doesn't bring up a delete option I've checked the manual that came with it and apparently there's no way to delete results it will automatically overwrite the first result with test 501.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
pressing the left and right doesn't bring up a delete option I've checked the manual that came with it and apparently there's no way to delete results it will automatically overwrite the first result with test 501.
Sorry about that, it seems that the firmware has changed to prevent deleting results. My meter is 18 months old so presumably before the current regulations that @Oldvatr refers to. Actually I think the memory in the meter is of limited use apart from that DVLA requirement. A spreadsheet with notes on what meal you had is a lot more use.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry about that, it seems that the firmware has changed to prevent deleting results. My meter is 18 months old so presumably before the current regulations that @Oldvatr refers to. Actually I think the memory in the meter is of limited use apart from that DVLA requirement. A spreadsheet with notes on what meal you had is a lot more use.
Whilst you and I are able to use a spreadsheet, there are many on this site who would not cope with that. But then the APP that supports the SD Codefree is not much cop either.

The SD Codefree is not recommended for support by NHS because it only holds 500 readings, so does not meet the new DVLA or CCG criteria which requires a minimum of 1000 readings in memory. It is the cheapest to run as a privatly funded dcvice, but in my experience not too reliable. It is unlikely that the NHS will provide test strips on scrip for this meter in future

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The SD Codefree is not recommended for support by NHS because it only holds 500 readings, so does not meet the new DVLA or CCG criteria which requires a minimum of 1000 readings in memory.
This may be a requirement of your CCG but 500 readings are sufficient for the DVLA. I recently received a Spirit Healthcare Tee2 which has a 500 reading memory and says it meets DVLA requirements for driving.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This may be a requirement of your CCG but 500 readings are sufficient for the DVLA. I recently received a Spirit Healthcare Tee2 which has a 500 reading memory and says it meets DVLA requirements for driving.
Extract from the latest DVLA guidance to drivers ON INSULIN who need to inform DVLA and undergo assessment for fitness to drive
<<at the examination, the consultant will need to see the preceding three months continuous blood sugar/glucose readings available on a blood sugar/glucose meter with memory function and covering a three month period during which you were on insulin>>
This was a recent update (10 Aug 2016) and mainly affects ID Group 2 drivers undergoing annual reassessment, but can apply to others if they need reassessment following a severe hypo event or laser eye treatment, It also can apply after age 70 when re-applying for licences. Someone using a sulphonurea or glinide may be advised to follow this regime too if they have impaired hypo awareness.

Note: a 500 reading memory can store 5.5 tests a day rate, /note these are actual bgl results excluding calibration checks and misreads. HGV and PSV drivers on insulin need to test every 2 hours while driving. Hypo recovery also necessitates a retest upon recovery. So this drives the 1000 memory in the NHS approval protocol

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Extract from the latest DVLA guidance to drivers ON INSULIN who need to inform DVLA and undergo assessment for fitness to drive
<<at the examination, the consultant will need to see the preceding three months continuous blood sugar/glucose readings available on a blood sugar/glucose meter with memory function and covering a three month period during which you were on insulin>>
This was a recent update (10 Aug 2016) and mainly affects ID Group 2 drivers undergoing annual reassessment, but can apply to others if they need reassessment following a severe hypo event or laser eye treatment, It also can apply after age 70 when re-applying for licences. Someone using a sulphonurea or glinide may be advised to follow this regime too if they have impaired hypo awareness.

Note: a 500 reading memory can store 5.5 tests a day rate, /note these are actual bgl results excluding calibration checks and misreads. HGV and PSV drivers on insulin need to test every 2 hours while driving. Hypo recovery also necessitates a retest upon recovery. So this drives the 1000 memory in the NHS approval protocol
Seems that Spirit Healthcare and probably others require a note on their website to that effect.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Seems that Spirit Healthcare and probably others require a note on their website to that effect.
My Spirit Dual meter I obtained this month has 1000 reading memory, so they are aeare of the need to meet this new req, But as you say, their TEE 2 was meeting the guidelines at the time it was certified, just as the SD Codefree was probably certified to the ISO but to a previous issue. The ISO is now May 2016. The NHS requires ISO 2013/ 2015 which came into effect in April 2016.