Leg pain

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
Don't know if my symptomson are anything to do with my diabetes but lately one my legs has been feeling heavy and aching and makes me feel unsteady on my feet it doesn't happen every day can go weeks then have it few days then nothing for weeks again the pain goes from hip to foot I'm taking metformin and a statin

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @snookie09 is the pain down the leg all at the front?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It goes mainly down back leg the pain is worse at the top of my leg into my hip

maybe it is the iskias nerve that is squeesed... maybe not , you need an excamination to tell that..... it can also be diabetes related... like kind of neuropathy, but it really also can be other problems in your back... don´t go too long before having a doctors opinion...

hope you already have a diet low in carbs and have normal blood glucose numbers or almost... that is the best if one wan´ts to avoid complications from diabetes..

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
maybe it is the iskias nerve that is squeesed... maybe not , you need an excamination to tell that..... it can also be diabetes related... like kind of neuropathy, but it really also can be other problems in your back... don´t go too long before having a doctors opinion...

hope you already have a diet low in carbs and have normal blood glucose numbers or almost... that is the best if one wan´ts to avoid complications from diabetes..
When I visited my nurse last my sugars and colestral were coming down to normal I don't test my sugars daily was told I don't need to I don't eat a lot of carbs

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@snookie09 - I suffer with Sciatica (trapped nerve) due to back problem. And it could well be this? But, you would need to see your GP to get a diagnosis.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it is a stupid thing by a nurse to say that people shall not measure their blood glucose... if they don´t measure how on earth can they keep their blood glucose in a low enough level to avoid adding diseases from diabetes ... like a level under 6.5 mmol or maybe even lower..

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
@snookie09 - I suffer with Sciatica (trapped nerve) due to back problem. And it could well be this? But, you would need to see your GP to get a diagnosis.
I suffered severe back pain years ago had months of physiotherapy and given exercises to do when it flares up its just weird how it flares up now and again need to see Dr coz when I get the pain I feel as well as feeling unsteady I feel light headed that's what made me think it could of been sugar related

Reactions: Liam1955

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
I think it is a stupid thing by a nurse to say that people shall not measure their blood glucose... if they don´t measure how on earth can they keep their blood glucose in a low enough level to avoid adding diseases from diabetes ... like a level under 6.5 mmol or maybe even lower..

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
That's what I think I'm trying to eat healthy but some days I don't feel myself so don't know if it was my diet was bad on that day or am I just generally tired

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@snookie09 - How long have you had Type 2 Diabetes? And do you know what your last HBA1C was?

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I was diagnosed Sept 2015 my last test in october last year nurse said I was 6

Are you not testing your Blood Sugars daily with a Meter yourself?

Reactions: Freema

snookie09

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Salads
Are you not testing your Blood Sugars daily with a Meter yourself?
Nurse and Dr said I don't need to test myself originally said because I was not on medication but I am now and still said no, in some ways I'm glad coz of my fear of needles

libbs1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
all my aches and pains
hi all.i get dull ache in my feet n legs.gets worse as day goes by.thought at first was my age.now seeing comments on here its diabetes

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
hi all.i get dull ache in my feet n legs.gets worse as day goes by.thought at first was my age.now seeing comments on here its diabetes
Hi. See this is only your fourth post. Are you finding your way round and getting the info you need ok? If not or you have questions ask away. Please get medical advice about your legs. I do not want to scare you so I will emphaise the word years but I have had leg pains for years and got the fob off from GP. Just found out yesterday I need two hip operations. The hospital team thought I needed my left done first until they tried to move my right. Strangely my pains have been up and down my leg not focused in the hip. Naturally the pain gets worse as the day goes by. A simple xray will check that out for you. Mine has previously diagnosed as sciatica, sprain, age, overtired and imagination, Researching sciatica and piriformis syndrome is a good way to understand the structure of your leg. A GP that examines a patient will be an excellent way to identify the possible causes of your symptoms and get them checked out.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hi :).
Prolonged elevated levels of Blood Glucose can damage nerves.
Your GP and/or Diabetes Nurse can advise you about the best target range to keep your Blood Glucose within range.
I suggest you make an appointment and get your legs and feet checked out.

Reactions: libbs1 and ickihun