How to do fasting from T2 patient

nataraj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are some Doctors says fasting cannot to do by diabetic persons. But some of blogs says fasting is good for diabeti Some of blogs says Fasting while 16/8 hours is helps to avoid insulin resistance and blood sugar reduces and helps to normal level without medicines.
So please clarify following
1 While 2 or 3 coffee or tea to be consumed within 11 AM and after 12/1 Pm Butter almond pane-er with veg sabji and chapati/ roti may be taken freely and evening coffee and snacks like Bengal dal vada or chow chow mixture may betaken and night veg sabji 1 roti/chapati or Some Rice may be taken and 1small banana may be taken is good ? This is fo vegeitarian food and curd with turmeric cumin power and ginger powder may be added and drink at night may helps/
together with Sulfunalurea tablet and metformin may be taken or not ?
This diet may notraise Blood sugar above the normal value.
2 Under gap period from night 9 Pm after dinner to 12 /1PM withonly2 coffee or tea bloodsugar may not raise heavily.
Doctors says while given gap for more time blood sugar raises heavily. So do not given gap to stomach for long period.
What is the suggestion

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are some Doctors says fasting cannot to do by diabetic persons. But some of blogs says fasting is good for diabeti Some of blogs says Fasting while 16/8 hours is helps to avoid insulin resistance and blood sugar reduces and helps to normal level without medicines.
So please clarify following
1 While 2 or 3 coffee or tea to be consumed within 11 AM and after 12/1 Pm Butter almond pane-er with veg sabji and chapati/ roti may be taken freely and evening coffee and snacks like Bengal dal vada or chow chow mixture may betaken and night veg sabji 1 roti/chapati or Some Rice may be taken and 1small banana may be taken is good ? This is fo vegeitarian food and curd with turmeric cumin power and ginger powder may be added and drink at night may helps/
together with Sulfunalurea tablet and metformin may be taken or not ?
This diet may notraise Blood sugar above the normal value.
2 Under gap period from night 9 Pm after dinner to 12 /1PM withonly2 coffee or tea bloodsugar may not raise heavily.
Doctors says while given gap for more time blood sugar raises heavily. So do not given gap to stomach for long period.
What is the suggestion
If you want to fast you cannot eat, that's pretty much all there is to it. Intermittent fasting has his benefits for T1 diabetes as well as T2. T2 more so as it helps with the chronic insulin resistance, and is also a handy aid for required weight loss.

You'll be okay with water, tea and coffee (black preferably) during your fasting periods.

Reactions: nataraj

nataraj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is not full fasting This is internitting fasting 16/8 hours gap So what the food may be taken in lunch and dinner. Internitting fast is skipp breakfast after dinner to given gap for 16 hours and after after 16 hours if you take lunch and then given gap for 8 hours Howeverin this period butter and nuts may be used or not?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is not full fasting This is internitting fasting 16/8 hours gap So what the food may be taken in lunch and dinner. Internitting fast is skipp breakfast after dinner to given gap for 16 hours and after after 16 hours if you take lunch and then given gap for 8 hours Howeverin this period butter and nuts may be used or not?
I'm fully aware of what intermittent fasting is @nataraj, I do the 16/8 approach religiously every two weeks, for two weeks when I'm at work.

You do not have to skip any meals to intermittent fast actually. You could happily eat breakfast, lunch and dinner in the 8 hour window which you've allocated - and nothing for the remainder of the 24 hours (16 hours fast). However you decide to construct your regime is entirely up to you. From your wording though, I think you're either a little confused as to what 16/8 means, or you're struggling to both put yourself across clearly and understand what I'm saying.

As for what you can, or cannot eat, again that is a personal choice. I have absolutely no limitations on my diet, but I'm not T2 so our needs are different.

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @nataraj
I follow an LCHF lifestyle with 16/8 intermittent fasting. For me, this works out that I eat only between 11.am and 7.pm because this is what I choose to do. On many days, I don't have breakfast .. just lunch and dinner. On other days, I may have a breakfast but then I'll have only a light lunch and/or small (ish) dinner. I follow the LCHF advice of ..
# only eat real food
# only eat when hungry
# stop eating when full

For information, I have been following this strategy since I was diagnosed T2 on 7th Feb and, as of yesterday, 4th April ..
# my HbA1c is down from 98 to 33 (calculated)
# my BG level is down from 12.5 to 5.6
# my Blood Pressure is down from 149/101 to 121/74
# my weight is down from 106.1 Kg to 92.2 Kg

So, if I had a Doctor telling me I couldn't do this, I would follow the simple little mantra that I use and ..
Listen : Nod : Smile and say Thankyou : Ignore

It may be worthwhile for you to read up on Low Carb and Intermittent Fasting
Hope this helps

Roxanna5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @nataraj
I follow an LCHF lifestyle with 16/8 intermittent fasting. For me, this works out that I eat only between 11.am and 7.pm because this is what I choose to do. On many days, I don't have breakfast .. just lunch and dinner. On other days, I may have a breakfast but then I'll have only a light lunch and/or small (ish) dinner. I follow the LCHF advice of ..
# only eat real food
# only eat when hungry
# stop eating when full

For information, I have been following this strategy since I was diagnosed T2 on 7th Feb and, as of yesterday, 4th April ..
# my HbA1c is down from 98 to 33 (calculated)
# my BG level is down from 12.5 to 5.6
# my Blood Pressure is down from 149/101 to 121/74
# my weight is down from 106.1 Kg to 92.2 Kg

So, if I had a Doctor telling me I couldn't do this, I would follow the simple little mantra that I use and ..
Listen : Nod : Smile and say Thankyou : Ignore

It may be worthwhile for you to read up on Low Carb and Intermittent Fasting
Hope this helps

Wow those results are amazing. Well done!

Reactions: AM1874

nataraj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)