Type 1 Low blood Sugars

JadeBonner16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been a diabetic for almost 6years now & in the 6 years I have always felt my blood sugars either low or starting to come down. As of yesterday I've had quite a few hypos, I put it down to the heat as I'm travelling Australia, but I haven't at all felt my blood sugars come down, it just so happens I've tested and they have been low. Does anyone know why this is or is it just something that some people get, I don't quite understand? :/

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Do you usually have good hypo awareness? It may have been a slow drop that you missed but if it is happening regularly you need to talk to your team about hypo awareness.

AlaskaRon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not Having Pizza!
I have been a diabetic for almost 6years now & in the 6 years I have always felt my blood sugars either low or starting to come down. As of yesterday I've had quite a few hypos, I put it down to the heat as I'm travelling Australia, but I haven't at all felt my blood sugars come down, it just so happens I've tested and they have been low. Does anyone know why this is or is it just something that some people get, I don't quite understand? :/

People can feel differently at different levels, what is low for you might not be low for me. I can get the shakes and a week feeling in the 80's sometimes, this is normal for others and wont affect them the same way.

You also say you are traveling, could the time change be affecting when you are taking your meds? are you taking your meds at the same time as it is in Britain or Australia? 8am in Britain is different then 8 am in Australia.

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
**** doctors. Airport travel.

Hi. this may or may not have something to do with it. But supposedly insulin is absorbed quicker into the system in hot weather/climates.