Type 1 monitor control solution readings

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
Having received some control solution for a blood monitor (Ascentia Conour Next) On the packaging nor in the booklet it doesn't say the range of the results to expect. I know the results should be realistic (4-8mmol/l) but they're more specific somewhere on the packaging?? I've looked on the site, with no luck either. I've had reading of 7.3mmol/l from a test.
Just testing with control solution to check meter, no irregular resuls nor damage to the meter either.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Having received some control solution for a blood monitor (Ascentia Conour Next) On the packaging nor in the booklet it doesn't say the range of the results to expect. I know the results should be realistic (4-8mmol/l) but they're more specific somewhere on the packaging?? I've looked on the site, with no luck either. I've had reading of 7.3mmol/l from a test.
Just testing with control solution to check meter, no irregular resuls nor damage to the meter either.

On mine the relevant ranges are on the tubs of strips as each batch is likely to be different.

Reactions: B583

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@B583
Look on the label on your tub as @Bluetit1802 recommended - the info is there! On the LHS of the main blue Contour logo, etc, right at the bottom below the big CE it lists the lot number, expiry date and the control range for the particular strips you've got. It's included on the actual tub itself rather than the packaging because the range may vary slightly with each batch, and so for individual tubs.

Robbity

Reactions: Bluetit1802

B583

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
MARMITE!!
I've looked on the box & in the instruction leaflet which came with it, but can't find the range which the solution is supposed to be between, even on the website: https://diabetes.ascentia.co.uk

The range of results are on the test strips, not on the control solution container!! So the result I got was in range & accurate!!

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have a contour next one meter and usb meter and use the same test strips as you do and when you do the control solution test you need to do it and the range comes up and you check it on the tube where you take the strips from and that is how you do the control test on the meters and test strips and it does state it in the instructions in the control solutions and test strips when you open it and I am a type 2 diabetic and I have getting the same test strips on prescription but that is how you do it

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You can also find the results on the bottom of each box and on the tub under the lot number and best before or use by date on every one that you get off the chemist and it's display as control R and control L and control N and you get all the results from the control solution when you do the test depending if you shake the bottle up or not and I have all 3 meters which uses the contour next test strips

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
These are the numbers that are relevant to you and you need to look for on the test strips tub as I do each time I open a new one and I preform a check every so often

Attachments

• 1493813062209.jpg
    1493813062209.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 209