Type 2 Sugarfree confectionery

dazzeur

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really struggle to not pick at sweets and chocolate during work, especially around 4pm. I'm interested to find a good variety of various sweets and chocolate that can satisfy and curb the cravings but not spike the blood sugars. Do you have any recommendations? Any good websites to buy from? Thanks :)

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I keep a pack of sugar free polo mints in my desk, also sometimes have the odd werthers sugar free, but never too many as they contain a laxative effect!

D

Deleted Account

Does it have to be sweets or chocolate?
How about nuts or carrots?

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
What! We can eat sugar free sweets?

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What! We can eat sugar free sweets?
Of course you can. If you have an Aldi near you they do a range of sugar free sweets in various flavours and they are lovely they are in little boxes and usually by the tills and Wherthers now do sugar free sweets and if you look around many shops and supermarkets do sugar free mints. Of course they have sweeteners in them and some peoples tummies can't tolerate sweeteners ..frequent toilet visits... but I have never had a problem with any of them . You can also eat dark chocolate.. not to much though...that has a high cocoa content 75% or more

Last edited:
Reactions: lorraine95

EvaVic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with Aldi lots of flavours. These seem to satisfy me. Aldis are the copy of Sula which are expensive as are the Wherthers. I looked for ages to find the Wherthers in Ireland and tured out to be expensive. The sweeteners don't seem to affect me (pity)!

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
I buy them from Amazon and also from M&S. Keep a tub at work as well as at home and have one of two as a treat each day. But not too many as definitely have laxative effect!

jill17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Aldi do have very low carb chocolate which I occasionally eat when I I have a crave for chocolate bout you need to count the carbs. Their sugar free Dominion sweets also contain a small amount of carbs so ok ocassionally. Quite good to take on airoplanes to replace the sweets they sometimes offer.

Reactions: lorraine95

MrsHutt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Avidlite have a huge range of chocolate, sweets, low carb biscuits and all kind of yummy things! It is a website for 'diabetics and dieters' Of course some things have a laxative effect, but I have found I have become more tolerant over time. Read the labels carefully for net carb count and note what the products do to your numbers. I get a regular package of goodies from them - keeps me sane ;)

http://avidlite.co.uk/

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
I'm very happy xx

Interaud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty, dishonesty, spiders
I'm not a sweet-tooth, but aghast responses perhaps, I practically couldn't do without my Carmel drops from Boots (classed as diabetic) and also their dark chocolate bars (one square on odd night). I also enjoy a dark choc digestive pre-bedtime which doesn't spike me too much the next morning and helps with the "malteser" toilet struggle"! Aldi do nice Crackers at 3...something carb, 0....less sugars.

Reactions: Rosiegough_