Degludec Tresiba

LOVE_LIFE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I recently changed my Long-Acting Basal Insulin from Levemir to Degludec Tresiba. I had no side effects with Levemir but was advised to change due to the improvements found with Tresiba.
Unfortunately, if I have a glass or two of wine in the evening, my BG levels increase considerably during the night. This occurs 90% of the time. I appreciate that the leaflet states that no alcohol should be consumed when taking Tresiba but it also states this with other insulins and without any issues. It states this, usually, for legal reasons.
Additionally, I have more Lipo's in my legs since using Tresiba.
I wondered if other Tresiba users are having similar reactions.
Please give me some feedback.

Reactions: Liftupjoe

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I switched from Levemir to Tresiba almost a year ago and I'm genuinely happy with the switch.

I have similar issues with blood sugar rises in the evening when I enjoy a glass of wine or two but I don't attribute that to Tresiba or any other brand of insulin. The nature of how ethanol works in our body is that it "Pauses" the breakdown of carbs into glucose.

The result is that you get a blood sugar rise after your body processed the alcohol you drank.

Just my experience.

LOVE_LIFE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I switched from Levemir to Tresiba almost a year ago and I'm genuinely happy with the switch.

I have similar issues with blood sugar rises in the evening when I enjoy a glass of wine or two but I don't attribute that to Tresiba or any other brand of insulin. The nature of how ethanol works in our body is that it "Pauses" the breakdown of carbs into glucose.

The result is that you get a blood sugar rise after your body processed the alcohol you drank.

Just my experience.

Thanks for your response. It's much appreciated as I was concerned that the timing suggested it was the Tresiba that caused the sudden spike in BG levels, after alcohol, during the middle of the night as it only started after changing.

bepzii92

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have found since starting on degludec I am having quite a few hypos! In fact I had 2 hypos today even though I injected correctly for the food I had eaten for breakfast and was at 11.2mmol just before I ate! Woke up was 3.5mmol other hypo was 3.2! Few weeks ago I fell down the stairs due to a hypo which was my 4th in a week