Kit Kat readings

PickledPepper

Feeling low today so I had one of those two finger Kit Kat bars my flatmate had laying about. Been quite good on the diet front recently. Tested myself for the sake of it.

Was a bit shocked at being 7.3 at 1 hr and then 6.5 at 2 hrs. Doesn't seem too bad.

Thing is, even a tiny bit of cereal has me prancing about in double digits, so why not this?

I'm wondering if it is possible that my insulin resistance has improved through diet? Possible wishful thinking I know.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
A 2 finger Kit Kat is 13g carbs........bit high for a snack. :(

Here is just one of the many posts we have had before about the joys.....or not of Kit Kat's.
Makes for amusing reading at times. :)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13066&start=0&hilit=Kit+Kat

Ken

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
After having read your link, Ken, I am now craving chocolate! :( And being type 2 I can't inject
for it. Lucky there is NEVER any in the house, except Christmas, birthdays, anniversaries,
any other excuses... :D (Are you having any today?)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Right at this minute I am stuffing my face with a Cream Cake.......lunch !! :D Might even have a choccie or 2.....I know.... I'm baaaad ! Today is NOT going in the record book....... :wink:

Ken

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Bon appétit :!:

PickledPepper

Truth is that I don't really crave sweet things much at all these days. I'm a bit like a conditioned lab mouse now, who exhibits visible fear towards all things sugary as well as flour based products! lol

A walk past Percy Ingles gets my hearts palpitating and sweat breaks out! I do miss those sausage rolls though....I think I miss wheat based products like baguettes, bagels, Doritos, sandwiches, chappatis and large amounts of basmati rice with a curry more than sweets.

Anyway, what do you guys make of my Kit Kat readings? Do you think they are low enough to indulge if I want to?

Plus has there been any known cases of naturally improved glucose uptake and insulin production with diabetics? I mean reversal not control here, if you get what I mean. By natural I mean by not using pharmaceuticals.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
In small doses the Kit Kat is not going to kill you! :D Like everything else it is will power and portion control.

As you lose weight you lose your insulin resistance and your own natural insulin is able to work better. Many have found that, after weight loss, they can eat things that they could not eat when first diagnosed.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does that work the other way round Sue? now I am gaining weight will I not be able to eat some things I ate before, and will I have less insulin resistance? And I really want a KitKat :mrgreen:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Congratulations on your weight gain Carol keep it up :D
And have that Kit Kat :wink:
Cathy

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to a friends last night and they brought out the biccys (chocolate of course) so I had a club bar :!:

PickledPepper

I noticed my indulgence is mood related in that I'm most likely to do it when feeling down.

I don't know if it is psychological or physiological, but I do find myself going up and down. If I have a low bs reading for a few days, then I'm 'yey!' then when it starts creeping up....I'm Mr. :(

I live in the mid to late 6s mostly. I'm beginning to realise that this isn't great.

Dustydazzler

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Sore feet, spiders, feeling hungry, night time hypos
Ha ha this is not going in the record book! Love it!!! I've got two testing meters coz she want to see print outs from when I plug it into to computer and all the readings download into graphs. Sometimes if I expect a really naughty number I use the other one!!!

mindii

Dislikes
rude or over opinionated, over bearing people. liars,
the rain and the cold!
hahaha I do that too! my mum caught me the other day and went ballistic! :lol: I told her i was 30 to give me a break - and then proceeded to do the other meter coz the reading was OK! She defo not amused, but her face made me giggle quite a bit! Mum's you gotta love their dedication to their kids ahem health!!!!!!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Well....it was my birthday...... :wink: Back to normal stuff now ! :D

Ken

mindii

Dislikes
rude or over opinionated, over bearing people. liars,
the rain and the cold!
Happy belated Birthday! Hope you had a lovely day!!!!

PickledPepper

A belated happy birthday to you Ken!

Hope you didn't over-indulge on the old cake huh.....did ya huh? Go on, tell us....we wont tell a soul....

cugila

Master
Dislikes
Thanks PP and Mindi.

I did actually totally go off my trolley.....no comments please ! It is all listed here in this thread.....welll...the bits I can post on a Family board anyway...... :D :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16052#p146588

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted, now back to work ...... :(

Ken.