Does anyone know of a good daily disposable (small) insulin syringe?

RUFC_MD

Hi,

First time poster!

I wondered if anyone knew of a small daily disposable insulin syringe that I could use to slip in my pocket for nights out, in hot countries etc.

A couple of years ago I used the mylife daily dose product but the product was discontinued - I believe the company was trying to get the NHS to take it on and when they didn't it was canned. However the small syringes were ideal. You could slip them in your jeans pocket and they'd hardly take up any space and it wouldn't matter if they overheated because you could leave your pen at home/in the hotel etc.
The product allowed you to carry 30 units of insulin in three small syringes.

I'm aware there are products such as frio packs which can be used to keep pens cool and I do use these if I am ever carrying a bag. However, if, for example, you're on a night out and just need something small to slip into your pocket you're struggling.

I've attached an image of the (now discontinued) product that I used to use.

I would be grateful if anyone knew of something similar that I could buy and use on occasions.

Many Thanks,
Martin

Attachments

• D09638187-p1.jpg
    D09638187-p1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 283

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A couple of years ago I used the mylife daily dose product but the product was discontinued

That is a shame they are discontinued, I have a few in my Omnipod Pump case in case of emergencies.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Last edited:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Nice pic, never seen them before.

Would these be of use?
http://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/BD-Micro...03ml-pack-of-100/productinfo/BDMICROFINE03ML/

Becton Dickinson has a strong history in health care.
Although they're targeted to Vets, they maybe quite OK for us. Worth a phone call?

Edit: https://www.medisave.co.uk/consumab...n-syringes/shopby/syringe_capacity-0_3ml.html
These are UK company
Those are Insulin Syringes for use in either humans or pets! The huge benefit of the daily dose syringes was that they came with a cover case that stopped you depressing the plunger.

RUFC_MD

Thank you for the feedback all. A few bits to look into there. From having a look around, it doesn't look like any company has tried to do the same as mylife did with the daily dose. But there are a few options outlined above.

It's a shame as their whole business model was based around the NHS adopting the product, which didn't happen as it was seen as more of a nice to have (which is true). It's a shame they didn't just market it and sell it to the masses as a commercial product.

Reactions: Spencer67

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the feedback all. A few bits to look into there. From having a look around, it doesn't look like any company has tried to do the same as mylife did with the daily dose. But there are a few options outlined above.

It's a shame as their whole business model was based around the NHS adopting the product, which didn't happen as it was seen as more of a nice to have (which is true). It's a shame they didn't just market it and sell it to the masses as a commercial product.

You may already have done this of course, but would it be worth contacting the company and asking if they have any left at all, or know of any retailers/distributors who still have any in stock?

I appreciate it's rather a long shot, but it costs no more than the time to write and email, and could afford even a little extra time to discover an alternative. You never know, now that MyLife are no longer in the game, they may be able to share whom they felt their competitors were in this seemingly niche market.

Reactions: Struma

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Perhaps the size was it's downfall, as much as I like the MyLife Daily Dose they are quite fiddly to handle and you do have to have very good eyesight to read dosage on the plunger.

moby1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Daily Dose syringes are really convenient a great product. I bought six boxes 18 months ago and am now running out so looking for a replacement. Bringing a pen out to dinner//lunch is not as convenient bulky etc. Any suggestions?

moby1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks John have gone to the Amazon website and registered to buy currently unavailable. Does the same thing as the daily dose product but is much bigger.

moby1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You may already have done this of course, but would it be worth contacting the company and asking if they have any left at all, or know of any retailers/distributors who still have any in stock?

I appreciate it's rather a long shot, but it costs no more than the time to write and email, and could afford even a little extra time to discover an alternative. You never know, now that MyLife are no longer in the game, they may be able to share whom they felt their competitors were in this seemingly niche market.

Yes I have emailed various contacts from the Insulution website but no response fear the company has gone out of business