leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
20170623_212209.jpg
I snagged my finger on a prawn spike today. The wound is 2.5 inches long and has gone deep in three places. After 4 hours it is intensely painful, so I need to get this checked ASAP!! Prawn spikes can carry some very nasty bacteria, so I need to ensure there is no potential for serious infection. I have already been down this road previously.

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
definitely get it checked. I had a cat claw cut the length of my little finger and my dn left me in no doubt I should have seen her straight away. Happily I have had the tetanus jab has routine for years. Always worth keeping that up to date.

Reactions: leslie10152

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
definitely get it checked. I had a cat claw cut the length of my little finger and my dn left me in no doubt I should have seen her straight away. Happily I have had the tetanus jab has routine for years. Always worth keeping that up to date.
Prawns can cause a variety of infections, one of the best known is Fish Handler's disease. It is difficult to treat and has long term effects.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Best to get it looked at and treated if needed. I have had a few nasty infections, last was a piece of bamboo lodged in my arm from gardening, it emerged after 20 days like something from a horror film( didn't know it was in there, I have small scar, but it cleared up well in the end. Also cat bite and claw stuck in my hand from my elderly cat when grooming him, a nasty infection.
Good luck.

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like no fun at all. Hope thats quickly sorted out.