Paingone pen, Any Good???

Traczy_Bear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

I am very new to the forum (1 day!!) and not quite sure how it works. I have been Type 1 diabetic for nearly 40yrs. I now have neuropathy as well as a spinal injury. I recently read an article about the paingone device and wondered if anyone has tried it and if it is safe for diabetics to use????

Many thanks
Tracey

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi and welcome to the forum I haven't used one myself but I'm sure someone will be along to give you some advice good luck hope you get sorted out.

Traczy_Bear

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi and welcome to the forum I haven't used one myself but I'm sure someone will be along to give you some advice good luck hope you get sorted out.
Thank you, pain killers don't seem to do anything for the pain and I don't really want to take anti depressants as suggested by my consultant for the neuropathy. I just need to know if its safe to use before I buy one.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've never used a Paingone Pen, but it is basically the TENS system, which uses electrical pulses to stimulate the nerves differently. As long as you aren't using a pacemaker, or any other electrical implant, and don't have epilepsy, is usually considered safe. More details from the NHS here: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/tens/Pages/Introduction.aspx