pleased with test results

dragongirl

Feeling good this morning because I just got my test results from a couple of weeks back.
hba1c 5.5%
chol total 6.4 (up from 6.1 in Feb but ratio to HDL is now at 3 so the doc isn’t bothered, but any ideas on how to get it below the recommended 5.0 would be appreciated; I don’t want to go on statins though right now she’s not suggesting it)
hdl 2.1
ldl 3.9 (down from 4.1 but need to lower it a bit more?)
trigs 0.8 (down from 4.7 a year ago > 1.6 >1.0 > this)

AND (brilliant news this) ferretin up from 59 (which was ok with the GP but not with trichologist treating my hair loss, which she has now stabilised) and it’s now at 89 (they want 80-100 for hair health) - and this is from taking one 20mg tablet per day of Solgar’s Gentle Iron (non-constipatory, no sugar, salt or starch and okay for vegans) since Feb this year. Info given just in case anyone else needs iron for any reason!

There's always a hitch of course!
She also tested kidney function which produced creatinine levels of 64 (average = 65-105). Not sure how to interpret this as internet sites use figures around 2 and one and say lower is better. What unit is 64 measured in - anyone?? Clearly I'm still nearly average whatever that means, but I like to understand.

The coeliac test result isn’t back and was only done on account of the struggle to keep weight up to 8.5 stones.

Overall I’m pleased, especially after the great enjoyment from Cugila’s jelly last night! Drinks on me today...
DG

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

i'm not too familiar on the other test results apart from HBA1c so just wanted to say go you!! :)

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi DG.
Great HbA1c. :D

Cholesterol needs some work, I would post some advice but there are certain members here who seem to think I don't know what I am talking about.......... :roll: Maybe I should leave it to them.
They are obviously much more knowledgeable !

As for the Creatinine levels, each lab uses slightly different ranges. Mine uses 62 - 106. the figures are given in umol/l. Mind you.......what do I know ..... :wink: As for the Jelly....glad to hear you enjoyed it. The flavour range is very good. I sometimes add a dash of Ribena to the Blackcurrant ones to give an added lift....not too much mind !

Anyway DG.....back on topic......did I hear you mention drinks....... :D

Ken

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.
Hi Dragon Girl,

Well done on the Hba1 C the results are spot on. One thing at a time I reckon. My Cholestorol was 6 about 5 months ago and is now down to 3. I have been eating loads of broccoli, Peppers of all colours, carrots and fish. I have also been having a spoon of cider vinegar per day. I have given up marg completely. These measures seem to be doing the trick for me.

Good luck with it and well done on the BG.

Ken - I have refrained from commenting on the other thread - its just daft. You have given plenty of us some brilliant advice and have mentored us without knowing. Please don't hold back with your input and many thanks for your hard work on the forum.