Type 1 Testing strip code numbers

pikesley

Hi

I have a GlucoLab meter, and I've recently run into a problem with my testing strips: I've been given some packs with the code `C1` on the tubs, the strips themselves have black squares on the back, and my meter does not like them! I'd never really noticed before, but it seems I've been using `C49` coded strips up to now, with blue squares on the back, which work fine, but when I put in a `C1` strip, the meter gives me an `ERR6` and refuses to work. The meter claims to be 'Auto-Coding' but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anybody else come across this? Is there some way to convince my meter to use these strips? I have quite a lot of them here and it seems a waste.

Thanks

Sam

Reactions: Paulwgun
D

Deleted member 308541

I have a GlucoLab meter, and I've recently run into a problem with my testing strips: I've been given some packs with the code `C1` on the tubs, the strips themselves have black squares on the back, and my meter does not like them!
If the strips have a different code number to what the bg testing meter is programmed for, they are not going to work.

My Accu-Chek Performa meter will not work unless the strips have code 222 on the tub, same as my Freedom Lite needs code 16. I cannot mix and match.

Take the C1 strips back to where you got them from, and tell them they are the wrong code and will not work as they spit out Error 6 messages.